Rust Stain

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapeCodFrank

Reaction score
I managed to get a big, ugly rust stain on the deck of my brand new Parker 2510. I left a small propane canister on the deck and it left a stain that I am not sure how to deal with. I thought of using CLR, but was afraid it would damage the gel coat. Any ideas?

Try using a product called Bartenders Friend. It's like Comet but works much better. Just don't rub it in harshly. Wet the area, sprinkle the product onto the stained area, let it sit for a minute and gently wipe the product over the stained area. DO NOT SCOUR OR SCRUB. Rinse off well. It has worked very well for me. No harm to the finish.

Barkeepers Friend works great on rust stains. It's available at Wal*mart. I make a paste out of it by adding a little water. Spread it on, rinse and repeat if needed. I use a brush on the tough stains and it works great.

coachbob":ev4gnqan said:
Will Barkeepers Friend work on gas residue left by gas over spill on the hull?

I've never tried it on that particular stain but It would not hurt to try it. Just DO NOT scrub hard. Let the chemicals do the work. Just make a liquified paste out of the product, apply it, let it sit for a few minutes, apply moderate pressure with a damp cloth to work it into the stained area and rinse.

Back