Sad News - Deadly Parker Accident

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My condolences to you and your family,very sad story.
If there is anything I can do to help,drop a line.

Lucky John
Retired FDNY Ladder Co. 132

Bill... Listen to your aunt. You did good.
Some things are just beyond our control.
Let us know if there is anything you need.

Kevin
IAFF Local F267

My condolences go out to you and your family. I know you will persevere during these tough times. It sounds like you are surrounded by friends and loved ones.

Bill and I have exchanged some voice messages. He thanks us all for our thoughts, prayers, and kindness. Right now he doesn't want us to do anything. His boat was insured, so he will pursue that route.

I told him that my in-box was inundated with PMs from CP members offering $$ to repair the boat and donations for flowers.

All you Parker owners are the best!

We're a family... That's how we do things.
If there is any need... let us know.

I'm stunned to..

Really sorry about all this. My prayers are with you and your family.

You are a courageous person and very admirable.
wicho.

Just wanted to let you know how my family (wife and two daughters) felt about you Classy Parker People:

Dale left a message on my answering machine offering condolences and
assistance. He said people wanted to send flowers and financial aid or whatever it took to get the boat ready again. My daughter Nicole was the first to hear the message and it made her cry. Tonight she played it for my Wife Lee Ann and daughter Jess. It was a flippin' tearfest around here. Your acts of kindness touch us yet again.

Thanks,
Bill

All:

I received an email update from Bill, so I thought I should share it here. So many of YOU have flooded my CP in-box with offers for flowers, or donations, or even time to help get his boat back on its feet ... that I too am left stunned like Bill. Bill has received word that the insurance company has totaled his boat :( . We all know what a loss this is ... adding to the tremendous loss that Bill and his family have already endured and are still dealing with and living with.

Fiberglass, however, can be replaced ... but let me just say this ... we all know the 'gear' that is needed and accumulates on a boat; whether it be fenders, lines, or fishing gear. So many of you have offered thoughts, prayers, and financial help ... let me state this. If you have any boating items that you are no longer in need of ... I will accept donations sent to me and I will deliver them to Bill in New Hampshire ... from his brother Parker owners. I have a like new Penn Senator 4/0 reel that would be great for our New England fishing. I was going to put it up for sale on eBay ... but no longer. I will put it aside for Bill ... for him, his family, and for his loved ones and friends to use. May the memory of this tragic event be lessened by knowing that others were thinking of them whenever they go to use something donated.

I just chock it up as to 'why' I am a Parker owner and 'why' this board even exists ... it's not just a boat ... as a Parker includes the tremendous pride and integrity that it is built with. Honest built, honest value, and honestly ... real. It is sooooooooo much MORE than just a frp hole in the water! I thank Linwood, Robin, and company for that. My 'big girl' may not be the fastest, or have the fanciest cushions, or latest gadgets ... but I can trust in her ... she's solid, she runs true, and no matter the seas - she'll bring me home. And darn for sure if she isn't one of the prettiest boats on the river!

If you too care to contribute some 'unused' boating items, you may kindly PM me for my mailing address.

Thank you and God bless,

That is very sad new indeed. I am very sorry about the loss of your family member. In my book you are a hero for being able to save everyone else. I really don't know how I would react in a situation like that. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Back