Scammed on classified. Beware

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_1

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I was scammed after listing items I’m looking for in the parts wanted section. I was contacted through this site by someone who said they knew someone (presumably from Classic Parker) with a rocket launcher they wanted to sell and gave me an email to contact them with. After a couple days I received a text from someone saying that they had a rocket launcher off of a 2320 they wanted to sell. I asked for photos and they sent them. Probably photos taken from this site? Anyways I used Zelle to send them the money and they actually asked for my shipping address after receiving payment and said that they would ship it on Friday April 1(April Fool’s Day). Since then no communication. I am a little embarrassed as to the speed that I jumped into this transaction, mostly as I was excited to be getting a factory rocket launcher for a fair price.
I am actually more disappointed that I won’t be getting the rocket launcher than upset that I seemed to have been hustled.
I was actually contacted again today in the same manner regarding knowing someone who had parts that I am looking for and given an email address to contact them with. Still looking!

Tip learned from work internet security classes:
1. always communicate through email.
2. When you get an email put your curser over the sender but do not click. In this case I got an email from USAA (picture "clipboard01.jpg)but when I put my curser over the senders name it shows it's from qwest.net. Run Run Run Run Run away from this email and do not open.
3. You can apply these rules to every email you get and don't forget to NEVER click on a link (Clipboard02.jpg) in any email (even from friends or family) without first putting your curser over the link. The same bogus crap will appear when you do this if it's a scam or a virus. In this email "why would I have a card on an email account"

Attachments

• IMG_3818.jpg
    IMG_3818.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    785.3 KB · Views: 22
Back