Sea Foam

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pig Pen

Reaction score
Question for the engine gurus ....I have a 2013 Yamaha 150 4 stroke..I always use Ring Free and fuel stabilizer .....engine runs like a top...I've not had any issues....just wondering if running a batch of Sea Foam when winterizing it...would it be helpful l or a waste of time and money.Thank you in advance

I’ve always added Sea Foam when I winterize. I only use marina fuel/no ethanol. I just like the idea of my carbs or injectors sitting with highly treated fuel. May be a waste of time but I’ve never had a problem in the spring. My boat usually only sits from mid Dec to mid Mar so that also helps.

Sea foam has alcohol in it. It’s is good for cleaning up small engines, 2 cycle engines like chain saws and lawn mowers and such.
I Would not use it on a boat or motorcycle, engines I care about. In test Stabil basic red beat it .
stabil marine, and Marvels Mystry oil added to gas on 4 strokes is nice for four strokes. Why cheaper than ring free.
If you own a Harley, put Marvels in the gas, as the mixture recommended, you will hear the difference.

Yamaha sell fogging oil you mix with E0 gas. Drain your high pressure pump and feed it in you engine via separate canister by disconnecting fuel hose. Run on high idle till it start smoking and you are done.

Catalytic converter safe? Never knew we have them on O/boards.

Back