Sealing/filling console to deck gap

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradH

Reaction score
On my 1700, a little water collects between bottom of the console and the deck after rain or washing. Fish scales, drinks, who knows what else also finds it's way in there.

It tends to not dry completely and turns to green nastyness around the edges, even when washed fairly frequently. Also get annoying water running out when I hop on the next day or after a couple days.

I want to clean, dry and seal it somehow. Anyone else done this? Should be very similar to the 1800s and 1801s console and deck.

Thinking clean with Spray Nine to kill everything, blow out with compressed air, and run a bead of silicone (as much as I don't like the stuff on a boat) around the perimeter.

NOT using 52 or 42, would consider 4000UV, but want to keep it fairly removable AND must be color matched within reason to the boat...so no white, black or clear. Found exterior grade UV and mildew resistant GE silicone in Almond color.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 168
Not sure if they make a beige, but a product by BoatLife would be my #1 choice ... LifeSeal and only then LifeCaulk if I couldn't get LS in beige ..

But any GE stuff (SII) should be good, plus a 10% bleach solution should kill any mold spores.

Back