SeaStar Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger Tim

Reaction score
Okay,

I finally acquired a brand new helm pump today to complete my gear needed for a second station. (Parker 2120 w/ F150) Here are my questions:

1) Will an HH5778Pro helm pump interface with a standard 5271? I know I really should have a standard rear-mount pump but I got a killer deal on the Pro model. I can still take it back if necessary. I tend to think it will work, even though the venting pressures are different.

2) Do I need to use Kevlar hoses with the Pro helm? I hope not!

I want to use a rear mounted pump on my bulkhead console for less protrusion and less exposure to the elements. I have searched the Teleflex literature for info and it is notoriously lacking. There is one reference to "only use kevlar hose on pro model helms" and yet another that simply warns not to use "unbalanced" pistons with a specific helm (not the one I have).

Before I cut into the bulkhead I would like to have the correct helm or at least one that would work. I will weigh the discussion here before I take any course of action, but I am inclined to try it anyway.

Any thoughts?

FWIW when I was doing my 2nd station I received excellent and prompt info from Teleflex, via questions answered via email. You can also call 604-270-6899 for Technical Support on Seastar steering units.

Make sure to put a non-venting cap on the lowest station and the vent on the other.

Back