Seat install question 1990 Parker 2310

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deshet1980

Reaction score
I have a 1990 Parker 2310
The port seat was removed prior to me owning the boat. The boat orginally had two pedestals seats. I have a newer style Parker Pedestal seat that I am trying to install.

Do I just screw the new seat directly into the wood on the floor. My floor is solid but I don't want to start any issues that may cause a soft spot in the floor in the future. The new seat post does not completely line up with the holes from the orginial seat that was removed.

Is there a plate under the orginal seat that helps to balance weight across a larger surface then the base of the seat mount. It just seems like that 10 to 12 pedestal has to support alot of weight and force.

Also some of my buddies are 350 pounds plus and I don't want to tell them that the seats are off limits.

Any help would be great. Let me know if I am over thinking things. I just remeber my first boat was a 1970's renken and the seats post riped out of the floor during a fishing trip. I know it was a cheap and older boat.

Thanks,

There has been some discussion about an aluminum plate being glassed into the floor under where the seat bases go that needs to be drilled and tapped.

Now as far as a Parker of your vintage, and your specific boat, an e-mail to Parker will tell you that for sure.

Back