Second Station Cover

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorcher

Reaction score
On my third Parker but first one with a second station. My question - does any one use a second station cover for weather protection when the boat is in the slip?

If so who did the work?

I had one made for my self standing 2nd station and use it all of the time (my boat is in the water from mid March until mid December). I had it made by Catherine's Draperies and Upholstery in Deale. They went over to the boat to get measurements and designed it with a zipper in it to keep from blowing off when on the 2nd station and to help with removal. They use sunbrella and did a fantastic job.

I had new drop curtains made last spring, and I had the guy fabricate a rear station cover at the same time.
The guy noticed that I used clothespins to pin the center panel up to allow for ventilation, so he incorporated some snaps to make the task cleaner.
On my request, he also eliminated the windows. I almost never run with the side curtains down, and never run with the center one down.
Eliminating the windows makes for a tighter roll when the curtains are up, and eliminate sun damage and prying eyes when down.
He used my old drop curtains as a guide while incorporating what I wanted new or changed.

The rear station cover is new. I had been using an old outboard motor cover and a couple of bungees, and I wanted something nicer.
The rear station cover is a single piece and attaches with 4 snaps.
The fabric is Sunbrella and the color is 'Linen'.

Boat Covers Inc
405 Winchester Creek Road
Grasonville, MD 21638
Phone and Fax: 410 827 7474

Drop Curtains - $450
Rear Station Cover - $315

Not cheap, but the quality made it worth the expense.
I'm going to use these folks again when it comes time to replace the rear bolster fabric.

Attachments

• drop curtains.jpg
    drop curtains.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
  • rear station cover.jpg
    rear station cover.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 241
Have used TopGun and Sunbrella material, had some TG last 25-seasons ... no idea of SB longevity, as it's still usable and only 1/2 that time so far this year.

Good covers are WORTH every penny, as UV damage is expen$ive and can be permanent!

Dale, I don't know about Top Gun, but I found that Sunbrella comes in different weights.
I got the thicker stuff this time around.

Also, this canvas maker doesn't use cotton thread. He used something specific to Sunbrella.
That was my problem with the last vendor. They used cotton thread and it rotted away due to sunlight exposure.

Megabyte":1bnzps3y said:
Also, this canvas maker doesn't use cotton thread. He used something specific to Sunbrella.
Yes, plus it (thread) doesn't stretch so it won't pull thru or tear the fabric as it ages.

Kevin,
That looks like high quality workmanship and I will give them a call.

I have had cboat overs of Top Gun and Sunbrella in the past. Don't recall any problems with either material so I will be interested in what the canvas shop has to say..

Bill

Latest posts

Back