Second Station from Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Want to put a second station on a 2019 2520. My boat yard told me that the Parker dealer would provide an entire bulkhead kit with the smaller station. The boat has a single 300 hp Yamaha fly by wire. I know the control for these engines are expensive but the kit from the dealer not installed is $5500 I think this is high any suggestions.

It's very easy to build a second station in the cockpit to whatever size you desire. Built it out of plywood, coosa, nidacore or dyvinicell. Your choice. Round the edges with a 1" rollover router bit. Fiberglass and fair and paint. Take about 15-20 hours to build and paint. Then buy a second station Command Link from Yamaha. As I recall, they cost about $2,200. Then you'll need a second helm and brass T's and steering line hoses. Figure another $1k there.

What is your budget? You can shop around for each item . Will you install it? Any other dealers by you? Or a good free lance rigger? Will it be for controls only or adding electronics, radio and cup holder, etc? I want one! Free standing units have more storage space, could add tackle boxes, pop up cutting board but takes up cockpit space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want it to be a bulk head mounted station with required command link equipment and a second Garmin screen. The main uses would be for docking and trolling. I know that Parker has these stations but would like it a little different than what they offer but wonder if I should be concerned about the stress on the bulkhead of the house. Thanks for your advice.

Manahawkin Tom":1u4dtuix said:
I want it to be a bulk head mounted station with required command link equipment and a second Garmin screen. The main uses would be for docking and trolling. I know that Parker has these stations but would like it a little different than what they offer but wonder if I should be concerned about the stress on the bulkhead of the house. Thanks for your advice.

If your reasoning is for docking and trolling, you might want to consider a freestanding second station.
I also wanted a few different features from what the factory offered.
I moved mine back further so I could sit on the washboard while tending to my trolling lines.
I also reversed the wheel and motor controls because I felt it was easier to operate while docking.

The bulkhead can handle a rear station it so long as you don't get too crazy.

Attachments

• DSCN0007.jpeg
    DSCN0007.jpeg
    427.1 KB · Views: 181
Megabyte":214r6dua said:
Manahawkin Tom":214r6dua said:

If your reasoning is for docking and trolling, you might want to consider a freestanding second station.
I also wanted a few different features from what the factory offered.
I moved mine back further so I could sit on the washboard while tending to my trolling lines.
I also reversed the wheel and motor controls because I felt it was easier to operate while docking.

The bulkhead can handle a rear station it so long as you don't get too crazy.

I 'second' what Megabyte mentioned. My 2013 2520 has the freestanding cockpit station and I often wondered why the wheel was installed horizontally on top, and the Yamaha engine control on the slanted part; I would prefer Megabytes configuration, reversed... and I also wish mine was mounted further aft, although it would make the storage under the gunnels less usable; it's always a trade-off!

I commercial trap fish out of my 2520xl and wish I had the bulkhead station for using my hauler and tending traps. However, docking and tending trolling lines is far better with the aft station, plus I mounted the hauler to make it work.
d2c1ec721ba9a5062ba455e0db538d2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Scup and seabass during a normal year. This year, who knows. Buyers are paying pennies on the dollar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back