Shore power Plug for those of us that dont have shore power

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

Reaction score
A trip to the hardware store and a twistlock cord end, a piece or wire, an all weather box with a gfci recepticle and a 1/2" romex connector and you are good to go for about 40bucks in parts, and internet search to figure out how to wire it (as I don't the responsibility of trying to explain it to you on the forum) and your good to go. Good luck probably about 20 minutes to wire it up.

I have a Guest battery charger wired to my batteries, but I only use it occasionally.
The Guest has a 20a male plug which I mate to an extension cord that I made up specifically for the purpose.
My marina has both 20a and 30a power on the posts at each slip (along with water and a dock light).

I keep a Marinco adapter on board for when I travel.
If the dock I am visiting does not have a normal 20a plug, I use the 30a to 20a adapter seen in the photos.
30a twist-lock on one end, and a typical 20a female on the other.

Works for me.

Attachments

• Plug1.jpg
    Plug1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 261
  • Plug2.jpg
    Plug2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 262
  • Plug3.jpg
    Plug3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 261
Megabyte":27uxr81e said:
I have a Guest battery charger wired to my batteries, but I only use it occasionally.
The Guest has a 20a male plug which I mate to an extension cord that I made up specifically for the purpose.
My marina has both 20a and 30a power on the posts at each slip (along with water and a dock light).

I keep a Marinco adapter on board for when I travel.
If the dock I am visiting does not have a normal 20a plug, I use the 30a to 20a adapter seen in the photos.
30a twist-lock on one end, and a typical 20a female on the other.

Works for me.

I have the same Marinco adapter as Megabyte. Beaufort just has 30 & 50a at the docks. I just use a heavy extension cord to a good power strip with surge protection that is mounted in the cabin. I ran the plug for it out the gunnel where the control cabling is. I plug it up from the deck side to the extension cord. Megabyte, I plan on adding a battery charger down the road too and was curious if yours came with that power plug mount or did you make it? I've been looking at chargers on-line but it's not been clear how they connect to AC power (plug, self wired to panel etc..?). I also had thought to mount the charger in the bilge on the side at the top of course. Do you think that will be a problem? There is just not enough room in the jump seat compartments.

I mounted my Guest charger in the bilge as seen in the photo.
The plug came with the model I selected which I sourced from BOE Marine.

Attachments

• Guest1.jpg
    Guest1.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 242
  • Guest2.jpg
    Guest2.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Guest3.jpg
    Guest3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 242
Back