Show me what's supposed to be there - anchor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOPFROG

Reaction score
Hey gang.....Old 1990 Parker 25 MV.....As you can see, the anchor chain is running through a "doo hickey" :oops: that appears to be a good way to secure it (the chain).....Now, if I only knew what was supposed to go through the fitting - there are threads in the starboard side of the thing.....A photo of the pin / bolt / whatever that's missing would give the old man a start - Where on earth I could find a replacement would be WONDERFUL! :roll:

Attachments

• P1000316 (Small).JPG
    P1000316 (Small).JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 2,971
  • P1000318 (Small).JPG
    P1000318 (Small).JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,971
That is a Windline LC-1
http://www.windline.com/accessories.html

lc1.gif

I have a Windline AT-3 on my boat.
Both devices serve a similar purpose.

Image-5C4DE9324F5411DB.jpg

This is similiar to a thread that I was going to start. My Parker has two cleats on the pulpit and a roller w/plow anchor but nothing else. The previous owner has two clips on a rope and a bungee to hold everything down and it works but doesn't look to salty. :D

What do you guys have? Post up some pics.

Megabyte - does that windline tensioner get in the way when the anchor puts tension on the line when deployed? I would be concerned with it fraying the line. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bryan A.":3vjcf3fi said:
Megabyte - does that windline tensioner get in the way when the anchor puts tension on the line when deployed? I would be concerned with it fraying the line. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It doesn't get in the way because the cleats pull the rode to either side of the tensioner when the anchor is deployed.

Image-5C4E800E4F5411DB.jpg

Here is a simpler setup. MegaByte's is a good one and you usually see something similar on larger boats or with a windlass.

I have a small diameter braided line tied to one of the cleats and I run the line through one of the chain links and back to the cleat.

Dana

Attachments

• DSC03186 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03186 (Medium).JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,861
Excellent point Dana.
I also have a safety, that is set up in a similar fashion.

I use a piece of parachute cord anchored to the port cleat, that attaches to the chain with a stainless snap. It keeps the anchor from falling free when I'm releasing the tensioner.
When I retreive, it goes on first so I can get the tensioner in place.

Image-5C4E4C1A4F5411DB.jpg

A safety is a must for me. I'm too clumsy otherwise. :shock:

Megabyte, that is a good photo. I didn't see earlier that you had a cover over the chain!

So belt and suspenders on locking down the chain, and a rain/dust coat!

Your layout could sell some components.

I've stayed with my simple way as I never have been going along and had the anchor release, and I didn't have to add anything or drill. But I do like your setup.

Dana

:D The 'rain/dust coat' is a piece of water pipe insulation that keeps the chain from rubbing the gelcoat off the deck while bump, bump, bumping along underway. 8)

I don't (normally) wear a belt except at work, and I never wear suspenders... but yea, when it comes to safety systems, I'm a belt and suspenders sort of guy. :)

I notice all of you guys have the deck pipe mounted just before the pulpit. That makes for a nice clean installation and lay of the chain. My 2003 has it mounted on the Starboard side which causes the chain to rub on the cleats and side of the pulpit. I have some minor gelcoat damage up there that needs to be repaired, I assume from a bouncing anchor. I like the windline tensioner and pipe insulation idea!!! More stuff to the list. :(

No, I assume Parker did. It looks identical to all the ones posted. I just got the boat a few months ago. I don't think the previous owner installed it.

I cannot imagine why anyone would put the hawse pipe in that location. :?:

Don't know if this is an option for you, but I would cut a new hole in the area where you see our access is located, and use the new plug as a filler to glass in the old hole.

Is this an option for you?

I am plenty skilled to do that but at this point I am going to enjoy my new boat. I bought it because it was "done" as the wife says. My previous boat was a project boat. Now I am going to enjoy this one on the water with my children instead of in the driveway without them :D

It's not that bad, it actually makes it easier to work the deck infront. I will eventuall add a windlass and this will be a nice location for an extra anchor rode. I just want to get rid of the bungees and rope hooks.

OK, after 4 years I finally got my windline chain tensioner installed and I gotta say I am not impressed with its performance. Any pointers on adjusting this thing Megabyte??

It seems to want to pop off after I click it down or else its to loose. What am I doing wrong??

Please excuse the osprey poop on the pulpit.

HPIM1131.jpg

HPIM1133.jpg

Not sure why it doesn't stay closed. Mine can be finicky sometimes, but it always stays latched.
Difficult to see in this photo, but mine connects directly to the swivel on the anchor.

Image-AADA2D48065811DC.jpg

Image-AAD9FC2E065811DC.jpg

You can also see the safety I made with a stainless snap and a piece of parachute cord.
I did that just in case the chain tensioner decided to come unlatched.

Latest posts

Back