Simrad NSS EVO3S not marking fish

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miker1234

Reaction score
I have a question about my EVO3s and marking fish.

I went fishing today and we caught a ton of white fish, but none of them necessarily showed up on the down scan and sonar at 150+ ft. I had gps spots marked from previous trip and we’re drifting. I had the fish beep on and yet no beeps. Even a 25lbs sheepshead didn’t pop up.

However l, when Im in 80ft it marks fish, depth, and beeps.

Is there a setting I’m missing? I have it set to auto depth

Also my side scan was very faint at 100-150ft and you could barely see the contrast between the water column and sea floor. Everything looked the same until I got to shallower water.

I’m using a Simrad 3:1 transducer.

Any advise is welcomed!

Also my side scan was very faint at 100-150ft and you could barely see the contrast between the water column and sea floor.

Your expecting to much out of it.... Typical side scan is MAXED Out @ 100ft.

I have a question about my EVO3s and marking fish.

I went fishing today and we caught a ton of white fish, but none of them necessarily showed up on the down scan and sonar at 150+ ft. I had gps spots marked from previous trip and we’re drifting. I had the fish beep on and yet no beeps. Even a 25lbs sheepshead didn’t pop up.

However l, when Im in 80ft it marks fish, depth, and beeps.

Is there a setting I’m missing? I have it set to auto depth

Also my side scan was very faint at 100-150ft and you could barely see the contrast between the water column and sea floor. Everything looked the same until I got to shallower water.

I’m using a Simrad 3:1 transducer.

Any advice is welcomed!several things to check: if your 3 in 1 is transom mounted, did it move or get titled wrong, debris? ,marine growth ? .

Position over a known object below , example rock at 30 feet deep or the like, check the view and play with adjustments,
side scan: position along known side view objects , like 20 yards out from a dock or pier , check the screen for read out and the settings options.
Check on Evo3, the settings for that transducer , play with any adjustments, gain , contrast, colors.
non of these give a picture? Might be replacement time.

Back