Simrad Upgrade- Advice Needed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshmo

Reaction score
Fellow Parker brothers and sisters, looking for some electronic advice. I currently have all Garmin electronics, but looking to switch back to Simrad.

With that being said, I have a 2320 and I am going to stack two 9" NSS Evo 3 screens on the console. What I need your advice on is which autopilot to get from Simrad as well as which sonar/transducer. It may also help to suggest placement of said transducer.

To give details on my fishing environment, I will be fishing up to depths of 800 ft and running distances up to 60 miles out. Thanks in advance!

as well as which sonar/transducer. It may also help to suggest placement of said transducer.

Depends on depth you plan on...at it's deepest.......Depends if your to scared to cut a hole in your hull.

Follow the directions on installation instructions.

I finished one yesterday. Remove 2in plastic thruhull........Grind hull from the inside to have a 10 to 1 bevel.

All total...6 layers of matt and 7 layers of 1708 biaxal....In a certain order.....Then Gellcoated.

Then the fairing block was cut at a 16deg angle.

Then a 1in hole board in the middle of the hull repair.

Then 2 --3/8in holes bored thru the hull for the antirotation bolts

Then sealant applied and it is all squeezed together.

Boat is a '96 Newton 25 X 10....Cummins Diesel Full inboard

I currently have all Garmin electronics, but looking to switch back to Simrad.

And this begs the question......Why? What specific Garmin do you have Now.

MFD?
X-Ducer?
Black Box?

warthog5":niuezhwq said:
I currently have all Garmin electronics, but looking to switch back to Simrad.

And this begs the question......Why? What specific Garmin do you have Now.

MFD?
X-Ducer?
Black Box?

I previously had Simrad, but switched during my last boat purchase due to opinions from others. I have found it harder to adjust to learning this unit. Additionally, I was looking to add external maps (CMor), but this feature has been taken away on the newer software on Garmin products.

I currently have the 7610xsv unit (purchase brand new last year).
I have the AirMar B60 and Garmin GT52HW-TM for transducers
No black box.

After spending some time at the West Marine, I was told the Simrad TotalScan transducer will offer me everything I am looking for, not sure how accurate this information is since the salesman confirmed he has received no special training on this.

Back