Sliding Window Springs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Reaction score
On the sliding window screens, port and starboard, there are 4 springs 2 on the top of the frame and 2 on the bottom. Does anyone know where replacements can be purchased?

Good question, mine are missing a few and I am also missing an entire screen for the extra window on the 2530. Do you have to order screens from Parker???

Ordered my springs from Short's Marine in Long Neck, De.

2 0n top ... 2 0n bottom of each screen Very cheap in price..

2520 SC

I took my screens out and stored them in my basement.
I figured... if I didn't have screens on the back, why have them in the side windows? :lol:

Image-0B03138559B911DC.jpg

I got extra springs through my dealer. I always ask the dealer to supply, if they can, with any needs i might have for the $$$$ boat i nought from them. One note is that before you install the springs spray them with a heavy duty protectorant!

I made my own! I was lucky and has some stainless spring stock on hand. You could also use those wires you'll find on the street from the street-sweepers with the large metal brushes. That wire is a somewhat high carbon steel, but with awesome springiness. In fact, they make the best lockpicks you can imagine. Now yes, my Dad was a locksmith, 2nd generation in fact.

I just took a good one out of the frame and copied it. Took just a few minutes with a file to form the ends. Simple. I use 'Triple Guard' grease on them and they work smooth :) .

PhilC":18m2ojep said:
I contacted Robin at Parker and she had them sent out yesterday.
:shock:

I would like to know the magic words you use to get Parker to replace defective parts. In the past when I’ve called with a complaint pertaining to a problem the response was always a frustrating, “that’s not under warranty or we can’t help you”. The 5-year hull warranty is strictly for the hull and nothing else. In my opinion, the warranty is useless unless you have a problem with stringers or structure. :(

Back