Sodablasting & blocking question/southern nj

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350bake

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested in possibly having the bottom of my boat sodablasted. I had my first boat sodablasted (20 ft cc) where I blocked the boat myself and the sodablast person came to the house. Is anyone familiar with a reasonably priced sodablaster that is mobile in south jersey or nearby Ocean City NJ that I could tow to. The guy who sodablasted my 20' several years back is not in the business anymore.

Also, I am leery about blocking a much heavier boat using a hydraulic jack to raise and lower the boat under the forward section as the trailer is taken out. I am fine lowering the tongue as low as it goes and blocking the stern and raising the tongue until she is resting on the wood blocks. Appreciate feedback on what to place between the hydraulic jack and hull or should I altogether avoid this method. I used a small piece of plywood when I raised my 20 cc but this boat is heavier and wider.
Thanks in advance.

There is an advertiser over on the bassbarn that does good work.
I could get his # for you. Actually, there may be more than one, as well as more than one method to do this now, something called a Farrow system (think that's what it's called).
You can bring the boat to them and they'll deal with everything but you may have to wait until the weather breaks.

Block it using wood blocks between the keel and ground, after put boat stands outboard of the blocks if you are concerned.

You will only be limited by the size of the jack you have, a Mod V is pretty flat in the back so you should be fine, same procedure as your 20CC.

Thanks - I will see if I can borrow/rent (buy if I have to) boat stands from a marina or other to stabilize when on the jack and on the blocks when moving the trailer out and afterwards. Is a Husky (brand) 3 ton floor jack good to use. I used this with my 20'. Is this heavy enough and the correct type. Thanks again.

For a small fee, one of the local marinas might be able to put your boat on one of their hydraulic boat trailers.
They are designed to place a boat for blocking with their hydraulic arms and swing-outs to clear the blocking and stands.
Pretty slick the way those things work.

Latest posts

Back