Soft Spots in the Hull

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raywatkins

Reaction score
Hello Parker Enthusiast, I'm looking into a 1997 1800 CC. There are a couple of soft spots at the foot of helm seat, behind it and around bilge pump cover. Does Parker use foam filled hulls or all wood. I am fairly handy and have done fiberglass work on Corvettes years ago........how much concern show I have and does it affect the structural integrity of boat? Thanks Ray

I’ e got a place on my deck that I’m planning on addressing this winter. It’s between the deck plates On my 2003 2120. Understand that it is glass over wood. Do a search. I’ve read some informative treads on here of how the rot was dealt with.

Its a 3/4" plywood wood floor with 2 layers of glass on top (with polyester resin) and 1 layer of CSM on the bottom of the plywood

If you have soft spots in those locations you likely have some stringer rot too. If you decide to tackle the project make sure you replace the fuel tank also.

It's not the actual deck repair that is a Pain......It's the removal of the console.

Say that Real fast 3 times......."Removal of Console."

Now your into wiring, hyd. for steering, shift / throttle cables.

Anytime you touch electrical in a boat if it's a rats nest? Your gonna end up doing a bunch of wiring too.

It will stop the flex......But there is a leak and the core is rotted.....It will not "Unrot" itself and will get bigger.

Back