solar power on board battery charger

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stripbait

Reaction score
iam having some issues with kepping my batteres up on charge I installed a bep system last year all is good but I watch my voltage drop when iam drifting for hours iam running 3 machines an wash down pump an live well I was thinking on installing a solar battery charging system to the boat instead of a normal plug in charger what do u guys think iwas looking at this company ganz eco energy

Should work. Are batteries fully charged when you leave the dock? Battery size and capacity are important? Batteries don't last forever but battery technology improves. Time for new ones? How old are they? Anything you can decrease the load with help - LED bulbs, lights, etc. Running down batteries shortens thei useful life. Maybe need a larger second battery or add another. Batteries can be load tested might help. A smart battery charger like Battery Minder brand desulfates and charging . Something to think about and avoid over heating them

B2

Battery size and capacity are important!

I'm wondering about your battery capacity also.

I know a guy that has this kind of problem..........Problem is.....He has no room for a Bigger bank of batteries.

He is just plain got so much stuff that and his power demand is higher than his load capacity.

Back