Some other, non-Parker boats at the 2008 Annapolis Boat Show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
My neighbor and I voted this the ugliest boat at the show.
I'm sorry, but this thing is hideous...

DSCN0067.JPG

DSCN0068.JPG

MUCH better. :)

DSCN0070.JPG

One of my all time favorites, a Robbins 40 built by Mathews Brothers in Denton Maryland

DSCN0072.JPG

DSCN0071.JPG

DSCN0073.JPG

This boat is an Eastport 32 and it is built right here in Annapolis. It is a twin diesel boat with some great features...

DSCN0074.JPG

Check out the "tailgate".

DSCN0075.JPG

DSCN0076.JPG

I really liked the way the rear station was angled into the side of the boat to keep foot room at a maximum.
That would be a cool thing to do on a Parker. :wink:

DSCN0077.JPG

Nice uncluttered helm. Notice that the engine controls are electronic.

DSCN0078.JPG

If you want to talk excess. simply look up Midnight Express.

DSCN0081.JPG

Check out the "babe benches" on this power cat.

DSCN0083.JPG

DSCN0085.JPG

This was one of the smaller trawlers in attendance.

DSCN0089.JPG

Bill Judge was showing his 36 at the show

DSCN0091.JPG

DSCN0090.JPG

Evans Boats (Crisfield MD) had a 36 at the show that impressed me in more ways than one.
First of all, it was more of a fishing boat than a cocktail cruiser - though you could absolutely have her finished in a yacht finish.
Take a look and see what I mean...

DSCN0105.JPG

What is this!? A Chesapeake Bay deadrise with OUTBOARDS rather than a single diesel!?
Yep...!

DSCN0094.JPG

Look at that deck space!

DSCN0095.JPG

No carpet, no vinyl, just paint and gelcoat. :wink:

DSCN0096.JPG

DSCN0097.JPG

DSCN0098.JPG

Other boats in the Evans lineup

DSCN0099.JPG

DSCN0100.JPG

DSCN0101.JPG

Jarret Bay

DSCN0108.JPG

How about a big Hatteras?

DSCN0109.JPG

DSCN0110.JPG

What an engine room!

DSCN0113.JPG

DSCN0114.JPG

DSCN0115.JPG

Nice stuff with the one exception (the ugly one). Here on Long island we have a name for them, "bleach bottles". When viewd from the side thats about all they look like. That one just added a little color. ....

The boat with the fold down transom is neat, I haven't seen that before and it makes a lot of sense for cruising, hitting the beach, etc...

To me the Maryland boat builders stole the show. My favorites were the Matthews and the Eastport too! While the Eastports are built in NC the company is out of the Eastport section of Annapolis. To me the Eastport was my favorite. I just wished it was offered with a single. Then again if you can afford it, economy and maintenance arent an issue anyhow.

I will also say that while I love and am partial to the Judges. The one they brought to the show didnt stand out as it was a used boat that looked ---- well used. I was told that Bill's personal boat (which he usually takes to the show) isnt finished yet and his old boat has sold. Too bad. He should have taken my boat. :p

I love the first boat.. Looks like a big floating chlorox bottle :lol:

Uncle Matt":31zoat96 said:
that fold down transom takes the prize. Tuna door then some.

Isn't that the truth!
No debate on whether it's 'big enough' or not!

BTW - I asked what powered the lift gate, and was told a pair of Lenco trim tab motors. :shock:

Thanks for the photos! I used to go to the boat show every year but I had to stay home this year to help my wife with our new crew member.

n773325253_4006583_970.jpg

Regarding the first photo of the floating Clorox bottle, I saw something like that pulling out of a nearby marina a few weeks ago. It seemed to be a real challenge to handle in a crosswind.

Regarding Robbins, Judge, and Evans, I am happy to see some of the traditional Chesapeake deadrise workboat builders make the transition to the pleasure boat business. The way the oyster and crab fisheries are going, pleasure boats are probably their best option for staying in business.

Back