Spanish Mackerel

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceblizzard

Reaction score
Left the dock yesterday at 11 am in Crisfield, Md and headed for the Mud Leads in search for Spanish Mackerel. After trolling and searching for nearly 3 hours, decided to pull lines and head south. Had a fairly decent ride with a fair wind. Arrived at the north end of the Cut Channel. Put lines in and within 30 minutes had our first Mackerel. Kept circling the area and finding more and more bait fish. Half hour after the first one was in the boat, we (Wife and I) started hauling them in. Had a mix of Blues so I increased my speed to around 6 knots. What a blast. In a couple of hours had a dozen in the cooler, along with a few larger blues. Probably lost the same amount. Home we came for a nice ride at 21 knots with the sun setting right behind us. Now time to fire up the smoker.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

Send those Spaniards up here Charlie!
Water up here is plenty salty. All we need now is for the bait to come up too. :wink:

When we were getting close to where we put lines in I asked my Wife if she noticed something different about the water color. We went through an area that was liver red. It seamed to be in an area of several acres. As soon as we come out of the "Red Tide", that is where we started seeing bait. Sure didn't like seeing that. Headed out at 1:30 today for some "Live Lining". Wife wants that Diamond Jim she saw on the DNR website. We'll have fun trying.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

Back