Speaker instalation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miky2884

Reaction score
Ok question I installed the fusion system on my 2320 last winter. I mounted the round 6 inch speakers up in the V berth, the system is set up to have 2 zones so i now am going to mount two box speakers under each gunwale. here is my question. The head unit is mounted on my dash (see picture) so the natural flow of the wiring goes down the starboard side of the boat. So wiring for the starboard side speaker will not be a problem as it will follow the chase with the rest of the boats wiring, however im trying to figure out how to get the speaker wire up to the head unit for the port side speaker. Basically the only option that i have figured so far would be to run the wire into the PH up and all the way around the v berth which is definitely do able and would hide the wire but that's just a whole lot of speaker wire. Has anybody done this and run the wire a different way? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• fushion2.jpg
    fushion2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 246
Good point Tim Didnt think of that one I will have to look into that tonight, thanks for that Idea

How has your fusion been?

I had that same one installed on my regulator - now on my 3rd one (covered by warranty, of coarse)

Its been great so far worked flawless this whole season i have the external remote also mounted on the back of the pilot house haven't had a problem with either. I have herd some people say they had a few problems but so far so good for me.
Bryan also has the same set up he has had no problems either

Pete what happened with yours ?

i too have the remote

the first one just stopped playing music - display worked and everything, but just stopped

the second one stopped playing XM audio randomly, then the ipod audio stopped playing...so all i was getting was AM/FM and my VHF's over the speakers.

the current one has been good. however, the XM audio is not nearly as loud as the ipod or FM. anyone have any experience with this issue (i can move if im hijacking)

I dont have the XM hooked up on mine so i cant comment on that, I have herd the fusion customer service is top notch luckily i haven't had to deal with them

Can you post some pictures of your installed speakers?

Well I went ahead and did the speaker installation on Saturday. It was a balmy 15 degrees here in CT on Saturday so I fired up the Mr. Buddy heater and went under the cover. Thanks to the advice above i was able to run the speaker wire through the chases inside the pilot house which made for a cleaner install and saved me about 30 feet of extra wire if I had to run it up and around the V berth. I removed the two access panels in the PH and then drilled two small holes up under the gunwales to run the wire into the PH. The speakers fit perfectly up under the gunwale and sound pretty good too! Since I have the fusion system adding these two speakers will allow me to control the two zones and not have all the sound coming from just inside the cabin. Few pictures of the project below.

Attachments

• speaker project.jpg
    speaker project.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 168
  • speakr project 2.JPG
    speakr project 2.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 168
  • speaker project 3.jpg
    speaker project 3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 168
  • speaker project 4.JPG
    speaker project 4.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 168
  • speaker project 5.jpg
    speaker project 5.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 197
I have recently installed a Fusion 600i on my 21SE. I ran all speaker wires below the deck. I have a pair of 6x9's on the bow bulkhead powered by a JBL amp and a pair of 6" on the sides of the console. I have been very pleased with the sound. I will post some pics when I pull the cover off the boat...The pollen is terrible right now and I just don't want to have the huge clean up.

Back