Splash Guard for 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully

Reaction score
I picked up a splash guard for my 2003 2120
It had the old style tail gate type
I never used it because I didn't like it
You can see it has no factory drilled holes
I was thinking of caulking it in place instead of bolting it on
I want it for now temporary to see if I want it to stay
I was thinking Life Caulk on sides and bottom but I wasn't sure
Maybe 4200 0r something else
Im going to cut back the seadek to fit so it sits flat on deck
Thoughts..

Attachments

• Splash Gaurd1.JPG
    Splash Gaurd1.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 428
Nice find. I have the hinged tailgate type on my 2110 and it's kind of a pain to put up and down. I was thinking of notching it this year so that it could accommodate the motor when it's up...one more thing to do.

I don't know anything about the 4200, but 3M makes some pretty heavy duty industrial strength velcro that might be a temporary fix and easy to undue if necessary.

Sully. I also added the factory splash guard a few years back. All I did was bolt it to the battery boxes and hand tightened with wings nuts.(2 bolts on each side) You will want to be able to remove it easily. Every few weeks for cleaning purposes and also to have access to the bilge. Whenever I clean the bilge or add oil to the tank it is much easier when the guard is removed. Just my experience with it. I like having it in place when I have some small kids on the boat as it acts a small barrier. When I want it off.....2 minutes and its off.

scallywag

Thanks I was thinking of that also
But wasn't sure If I wanted to drill more holes :roll: lol
So you didn't seal it to the deck?
I was thinking some small rubber weather strip or something.....
Or maybe you think it would be fine with it just sitting dry
Dos water run under it much ?
I know there is two holes on ether side any way

Also thanks fro your response "Photoguy"

All ideas are welcome like to get the opinion's

I know what you are saying about drilling holes but your not drilling through anything substantial or crucial their. I have nothing sealing it. You want the water to be able to run past there as easy ad possible anyways to get to the scuppers, like it does when the guard isnt there. You want to be able to just remove it easily for when you lay on your belly when doing anything in the bilge

scalywag05":90y0efsc said:
You want to be able to just remove it easily for when you lay on your belly when doing anything in the bilge

Good point!!

btw, out of curiosity, how did you come by the splash guard?

Bought it of my dealer
It was under 200.00
Had it shipped up here with some other stuff they were shipping
So freight was free

Sully, suggestion...I also have a 2120 with the same splash guard. I hated the fact that the boat was hard to drain after washing because there are only t ports on the corners. I raised my splash guard off the deck using some nylon washers. Deck drains much better now. Good luck!

Phil
Thanks for the info!
That was one of my concern also
I have been running my boat with out anything for ten years
If I did get any water rolling in I would just bump it forward and it was gone
But didn't happen two often Now ten years later my son and friends or in there early 20s
And weighing the boat down and it happens more often plus it will keep them back from the notch more
Which will help also I appreciate everyone experience with it to help figure the best set up

Thanks again for that tip!

Sully...I have a 2011 2120...I raised the splash guard off the deck bout half an inch. Use PVC pipe between bottom of guard and deck where the screws that go into deck are. Also have two bolts on each side securing to each battery box. The factory set up except for the elevation...makes flushing the deck easy while keeping out the big water. On the road so no new photos but look at my earlier posts re my mods

Back