splash well on 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another view of slide in the forward position. Just a thought on an easy conversion would be to add another hole for a mid position to the slide system would be as simple as drilling two holes, one on each side for the pin to drop in and lock it into place and that way u could trim your motor up for shallow conditions and maximize cockpit space.

I put the splash guard mounting screws with 5200 to seal the holes but I place on having an ice chest on the slide all of the time so they will be out of site. The rails of the slide are wide enough to still fit a 120 quart chest if I need a little more room but my main use is to fish and fill the big ice chest!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 381
Kilowatts, thanks for posting these pics and the ideas. I had thought about the mid position holes also and agree that would be an easy solution for shallows trim. Another possible issue for me is that harness to the motor is obnoxiously long. I'm going to see if I can shorten it any?? I'll try to tuck it in the scupper well like yours but if you look at my pic with the guard off you see what I mean. I've epoxied the deck holes and I'm going to top them off with a little Marine Tex.

shawnee83":3ju3bxpl said:
Kilowatts, thanks for posting these pics and the ideas. I had thought about the mid position holes also and agree that would be an easy solution for shallows trim. Another possible issue for me is that harness to the motor is obnoxiously long. I'm going to see if I can shorten it any?? I'll try to tuck it in the scupper well like yours but if you look at my pic with the guard off you see what I mean. I've epoxied the deck holes and I'm going to top them off with a little Marine Tex.

Glad I can contribute back to this site. I have only had my 2120 for a couple of months and as you know this site is awesome and a huge influence on all of my projects.

Ya I checked out your photo and your harness seems to be extremely long. Mine came the length that you see in my photos, I brought used but since I took out the splash guard myself I wouldn't suspect the pervious owner would of shorten it. I would have to double check but I believe you can pull some of the extra harness into the battery box. Not sure if this would be a long term fix but maybe a good way to test for the right length. I haven't run into any problem with my shorter harness length but as stated I haven't run it for a season yet!

My yeti is 37 and a half inches at the bottom and 39 and a half at the top,will it fit in there?Any one have the measurement between the rear seats at the splashwell?

I am going to try putting the yeti in there without the sliders.The cooler has rubber feet and doesn't slide around.The cooler should act as a bigger splash guard and can be moved quickly if water needs drained out of the cockpit.That cutout should let the water out much faster than a couple scuppers.

Back