splash well on 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtk2120

Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys removed your splash wells, just wondering if anyone had any regrets. I think mine is coming off.

I'm taking mine off as soon as I finish a couple of other projects that I'm in the middle of currently. I'm putting a Bimini on mine and taking that splash guard off to free up more area in that last couple of feet of the deck is key to making it all work.

Interesting to read this...I have a 96 2110 that uses the hinged flat washboard and the only issue I've ever had with it was when I forgot to lower it as I was raining the motor. I had considered swapping it out with one of the newer styles simply to avoid the possibility of collision like I have now, but have never given thought to the fact that it takes up deck pace. I think I'll keep it the way it is.

Yes, they had to curve it out (towards the bow) so that it would clear the bulge hatch on the 2120's. It causes it to eat up 6"+ of foot space in that area.

I've never had one on my 2120 and never needed it. On a 2120 fishing space is at a premium for sure. But what a enjoyable boat to own. Fishes 3 people comfortably.

Mildew, have you had your 2120 for a long time? I was just wondering if you have had your boat off shore drift fishing or in rough conditions that you were even concerned that you needed the splash guard? Also, by any chance do you use any of your bilge space as storage. That is another reason that I want mine off so that I can rig some of that space to stow a stern anchor and maybe fenders.

The only time I have had water roll in is when I was backing down hard on a fish or line caught on bottom
It rolls in about a inch or two then rolls right back out little burb with the throttle and it gos out fast
I store oil down my bilge

As I mentioned earlier, I have the hinged guard on my 2110. There's been a few occasions where I've taken water over the stern and the guard has prevented all but a little seepage underneath (it's not sealed) from getting on the deck. Typically only at anchor with a few people on board and a passing boat's wake catches the stern just right.

Thanks Photo & Sully for the additional info. I'm going to take mine off as soon as I finish the Bimini & AC projects. I'll keep the splash guard in the attic in case I ever need it.

shawnee83":f4kte36u said:
Mildew, have you had your 2120 for a long time? I was just wondering if you have had your boat off shore drift fishing or in rough conditions that you were even concerned that you needed the splash guard? Also, by any chance do you use any of your bilge space as storage. That is another reason that I want mine off so that I can rig some of that space to stow a stern anchor and maybe fenders.
I have fished off shore a few times with no problems and I fish the Delaware Bay so I fish in rough conditions most of the time if there is any wind at all.You might experiance a rogue wave spashing on the transom but the small amount of water that comes in is gone immediately My bilge is full of pumps,raw water wash pump,hoses, thru hull transducer, etc. so not much room for storage. There can be a small amount of seepage in the bilge but very little. I would not classify that area as totally dry at anytime. I moved my porta-potty under the captains seat and keep my fish cooler in the birth where it was located. The 2120 is not blessed with alot of storage area but it is a great boat. Just have to use your imagination on the proper use of space.

Removed my splashwell the first week my 2120 came home. No regrets...don't really see why anyone would keep it there. I've installed a "yeti slider cooler system"...so, the Tundra 110 sits perfectly in that space...when I want to access the bilge compartment, I simply pull two SS pins, and the entire cooler slides forward. Brilliant addition to the cockpit space.

I removed mine before I ever put in the water and also installed the cooler slide system. I have only had the boat on the water a total of ten hours 3 of which was nasty conditions and I have no regrets. You can go can to my thread titled "2120 fish hold" in the all Parker boat section and find pictures and links to the cooler slide system. Hope this helps!

Removed mine today. Liking it better already! Might instal that slide system someday?? I'm concerned with the fact that in my waters/routines, I need to trim the motor up for shallows and all up parking at the beach. Now thinking that slide system will be in the way??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 461
shawnee83":1cd16usm said:
Removed mine today. Liking it better already! Might instal that slide system someday?? I'm concerned with the fact that in my waters/routines, I need to trim the motor up for shallows and all up parking at the beach. Now thinking that slide system will be in the way??

I put the slide system in for many reasons one of which was for mooring my boat and being able to raise the motor up all the way. I will take some pictures but I let enough room for the motor cables to move and when the slide system locked in the forward position the motor can be raised all the way. I also just discovered that with it in the forward position it also makes a good place to sit facing the stern and watching the poles on the down riggers while trolling.

Thanks for the feedback on the slide Kilowatt. I really like the concept of them. I was also thinking that maybe I could have the slides but only put the cooler in it when I was going offshore and needed the fish storage. Also, with the cooler, it acts as a splash guard which is really only possibly needed in those conditions? If I'm just with the family near shore or at the cape, I could just not mount the cooler? It's a thought? I'd definitely like to see your pics with the cooler installed.

I left enough room for the motor harness and steering cables to move freely. I got the 18" slide system before i received the ice chest. It appears that the specs on most ice chests are measurements taken from the lid and most chests taper in towards the bottom at least an inch so I could of got away with a smaller slide system. I recommend getting the ice chest and take the actually measurement of the bottom rather than rely off the specs online. I mounted the rear of my slide even with the back edge of my bilge hatch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 382
Back