Splashed Today !

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goinsfishin

Reaction score
Splashed !!!!!!!
Beautiful day today....Special thanks to my friends who helped...
Got Sandpiper off the blocks and on a trailer, dropped her at Matapeake State Park on Kent Island (nice ramp but a long backup downhill).
Sandpiper ran like a top, Bay was 2+ foot wind driven chop till I got in the lee of the Western shore near Thomas Point, from there a straight shot with mild seas to her new home in Deale.

Still got lots to do but now i'm not driving 37 miles each way...Yahoo!!!

I was really happy with the way she ran considering it's an 89 with the original engine, and has been shrinkwrapped for 3 years plus. The seller said her late father babied the boat and it shows!

After 3 months of hard work and prep I finally got to drive my new to me boat. What a difference from the 1801!

Attachments

• 3-11-07 Splashed.jpg
    3-11-07 Splashed.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 843
Congratulations!

She looks great there in her new home... I think she is smiling. :lol:

I don't see any ice in the water there, and I'm wicked jealous. :cry:

Three months of hard work, and now 8 or 9 months of serious fishing! Let the games begin! :)

I was taking it real easy on a shake down cruise after a long layup, so i dont have much data. I did clock 26 mph @ 4000rpm (GPS) in mild chop, so I would guess WOT will put me in mid to upper 30's.
Didn't note the prop size but I'll look tomorrow.

Congratulations on hitting the water! 8)
I just scheduled my spring motor service so I'll be making the Deale to Annapolis run myself in about 4 weeks. :)

With opening day for rockfish on April 21st, I would imagine that the service department at Tri-State will be a busy place these next few weeks!

Back