Sports Cabin Ceiling Height?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the ceiling height inside your cabins and would you prefer it to be different? I am making a bolt-on doghouse for my 1800CC and have landed at about 7'. I'm 6' and this would give me room to bounce around plus have electronics hanging down.

Thanks,
Sam

What is the ceiling height inside your cabins and would you prefer it to be different? I am making a bolt-on doghouse for my 1800CC and have landed at about 7'. I'm 6' and this would give me room to bounce around plus have electronics hanging down.

Thanks,
Sam
In our 2520 XLD it's 75.5" (6' 3.5") from deck-to-ceiling in the forward part, and 75.75" aft by the door to the cockpit. I'm 5'10" and this is sufficient for my height both sitting and standing. (And, I do my best to avoid 'bouncing around' much! ☺).... Also, if it were much taller the 'profile' of the boat would look out of proportion (like some other small pilothouse boats on the market)....

You're right Andy. We are partial for sure, but they look so much better than level-floor pilothouses. I do see the benefit to those too.
I'll measure our 2320 tonight.

Careful........You can make an Ugly Duckling out of it. Getting the proportions out of wack.
Definitely don’t want to do that so I am making it reversible. I won’t have a radar so weight won’t be an issue. Working out the profile in CAD now. I’ll post designs for, gulp, open comment 🙂

You could make a refrigerator box mockup to get the proportions right.

BTW, floor to ceiling, middle of the pilothouse of my '19 2320 is 73.5." The pilothouse floor to step over the door threshold is 16." Door opening is 54.75."

Last edited:
You could make a refrigerator box mockup to get the proportions right.

BTW, floor to ceiling, middle of the pilothouse of my '19 2320 is 73.5." The pilothouse floor to step over the door threshold is 16." Door opening is 54.75."
I'm surprised of the 16" from your pilothouse floor to threshold. Our 2520 is 9.25" from the bare floor to the top of the door-threshold. We also have a 3/4" flooring-mat in the pilothouse so the actual distance is right at 8.5"; about an average stair 'riser' height..... BTW, our door is 64" tall X 24" wide....

In our 2520 XLD it's 75.5" (6' 3.5") from deck-to-ceiling in the forward part, and 75.75" aft by the door to the cockpit. I'm 5'10" and this is sufficient for my height both sitting and standing. (And, I do my best to avoid 'bouncing around' much! ☺).... Also, if it were much taller the 'profile' of the boat would look out of proportion (like some other small pilothouse boats on the market)....
Very much agree as to the aesthetics of the boat. I also like the strength and safety of design. A glassed in pilot house versus a bolted on house at deck level, which can make the boat top heavy and prone to tip in and out of the trough

Back