Spotlight mount

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HM5

Reaction score
When I bought my 2520XL in June, there were several items that needed immediate attention. Aside from updating some of the electronics and engine maintenance items, the spotlight was mounted on the underside of the pulpit! As one might imagine, it did not work. Didn't light up, and motors didn't work. I took it off and what do you suppose I found:.....

Attachments

• Spot light bad1 (Medium).jpg
    Spot light bad1 (Medium).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 714
No too suprising, especially in the position where it was mounted. :shock:
I'll bet that light took a bath every time the boat went out.

I purchased a replacement unit of the same model to utilize the harness wiring that was in the boat.

Now to the cudos. I followed the lead of other Parker brothers here and built a fiberglass mount then used some of the gelcoat left over from some cosmetic work I was having done to finish it off.

One more thing, the directions for mounting the GOLIGHT 2020 states that mounting the spotlight upside down will void the warrenty. Guess whoever mounted it didn't read that part.

Thanks again for the great ideas found here on this site.

Attachments

• Spot light 1 (Medium).jpg
    Spot light 1 (Medium).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 706
  • Spot light 2 (Medium).jpg
    Spot light 2 (Medium).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 706
You will love it there, that is where I have mine and when we need it, it is nice !

I mounted an uber expensive Guest remote floodlight/spotlight on my ttop and it has already sh*t the bed. If I had to do it over again I would do what Dale did make the setup portable, stowable, and have less glare on the forward deck. Now I need to order a replacement motor so I can have horizontal movent.
For 450+ dollars I would have thought the light would have lasted longer than a year and a few months.

Nice set up.

I have mine mounted on a 1/4" plywood sheet soaked in epoxy. When I need the light, I tie the plywood sheet to the top of my radar dome. I put that sticky shelf liner between the dome and the plywood sheet for cushioning and to keep things from slipping around. Works great...but your project has me thinking again about making my attachment more permanent.

Dave

aka

Back