St Pete FL 1/16 rpt

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
Got the call from Glen to go out and shoot another Mike/Billy Reel Animals fishing episode. The last one was a lot of fun.........so lets role.

Went west a good ways to a spot Glen and I have been fishing for years. We had our theories but were not sure what was on the bottom. So, to put the intrigue to rest the producer of the show decided to have a diver come along and shoot underwater footage of the fishing action and of course drop down to take a look see to figure out what our bottom machine has been showing all these years.

tadpole54-albums-stuff-picture63283-img-0253.jpg

AJs took everyone to task from the get go.

tadpole54-albums-stuff-picture63284-img-0254.jpg

tadpole54-albums-stuff-picture63285-img-0258.jpg

You'll have to watch the show to see all the other action.

So, the day was getting long and the diver went down for the underwater footage of chumming and catching, and also to scope out the bottom. Anyone lose a 36ft commercial boat? Yep........sitting on the bottom upside down. There will be some video of it in the episode.

Being on the camera boat, I was only able to make about 8 drops the whole day because I was kind of busy with the diver and trying to stay close to the other boat for the second camera. Fishing was done for the day and the diver was on his way up so I dropped a quick sardine to the bottom and BAM. A real bonus.......and my first AP. Started out fighting like a huge ARS, then settled down and fought like a 20+ red grouper.

tadpole54-albums-stuff-picture63286-img-0266.jpg

While it was a bit sporty on the way out, the seas calmed enough for a 40mph ride back in. Then it was Coors Light time and a Parker Palooza at Oneill's. Now that Bo has mastered the Mango action and is putting such a hurtin on that population .......I think I need to focus on these APs a bit more. :mrgreen:

There was plenty of AP to go around for everybody on both boats. Thanks Diver Ben for cleaning all the fish.

tadpole54-albums-stuff-picture63287-img-0268.jpg

Thanks for posting. Looks like a great show. I saved the link so I can watch online since it is only available in the local area.

Steve

Nice report! Im super jealous, we are headed for a week long stretch weather in the single digits :roll:

miky2884":2hs3rcgl said:
............. we are headed for a week long stretch weather in the single digits :roll:

Sorry to hear about the cold. With global warming I think St Pete is the new Miami with regard to wx. I'm still cutting grass and running A/C in the house.

The water temps in the Gulf are in the 60s. Notice the difference in how the CC and PH guys are dressed? :mrgreen:

Back