Starboard Stains

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfish

Reaction score
Good morning!

I put a stainless steel bracket on my door as a means to put stuff in when I need something quick: Pliers, screwdrivers etc.... The problem is after awhile, the metal started to rust and run down the door. I have tries everything to get the rust etc off of the Starboard door. Has anybody had this problem? No paint will stick to the starboard. I am guessing I am going to have to sand the door lightly to recover the clean look. Any suggestions?

I have tried everything. The best thing that has worked is acetone. But, it still does not get the stain out. Thanks!

pfish":fp2b2r0z said:
I have tried everything. The best thing that has worked is acetone. But, it still does not get the stain out. Thanks!
okay then try clear vinegar that should work. Let it agitate for a bit. Acetic acid which is found in vinegar will most likely dissolve the rust ions. I also thought that hull cleaner possible might work for yellowing hulls.

I have detailed boats for years.
And I second the above comment, use On Off.

It's an acid so wear gloves.
Apply it and let it sit for about 5 minutes, then hose it off.

Will be good as new,

Good luck

Makoman232":1fv9vxmp said:
I have detailed boats for years.
And I second the above comment, use On Off.

It's an acid so wear gloves.
Apply it and let it sit for about 5 minutes, then hose it off.

Will be good as new,

Good luck

What he said...On/off works great. Strong fumes and acid so wear the gloves. Wax after finished using it. Used it on my boat this year. Cleans instantly. Make sure area is dry as it works best on a dry surface.

I've had good luck with bar keepers friend, but it's not going to be as powerful as on/off (nor as gnarly to work with)

On-Off, strong acid works well. Use gloves and goggles!! Don't abrade the surface with Comet or sandpaper. it will stain worse afterwards.

Back