• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

steering Knob

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed

Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple of suicide knobs for a 2019 2320 SLSC

I opted for the cheap polished stainless one on Amazon, was less than $30. It feels ok and is holding up but the clamp is cheezy. You get what you pay for. Next time I'll spend the $100

I'm looking for a couple of suicide knobs for a 2019 2320 SLSC
Three years ago, I bought two of the top-line Edson all s/s knobs; one for each wheel. They were very 'pricey', in fact grossly over-priced at around $115.00. (you can buy a nice steering wheel, with a decent knob already installed for less money)...Here's some good and the bad info, imho... The Edson's work flawlessly, and even the ones I had on other boats years ago still work flawlessly. It is high-grade s/s, high grade ball bearings, and they look as good as the day they were installed. But, they vibrated at times, and the center 'plug' that covers the installation bolt keeps falling off. (Edson doesn't seem to care about that). So far, the plug has not fallen overboard.... With the standard steering wheel that came on our 2013 Parker, (it is not round) I had to apply an amazing amount of torque to the mounting bolt to secure the knob to the wheel. But it has held, and has not moved.... By the way, I've seen some threads asking about where to install a knob on a boats wheel. (2 o'clock? 10 o'clock? etc...if you have two or more steering stations, it does not matter. As you switch/alternate between the two wheels, the position of the knob will end up in different places.

Last edited:
Back