Stereo Speaker Mounting Location

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnee83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read your feelings on locations and understand the concerns. That said, I have the box speakers mounted in the cabin in the upper rear corners of the cabin roof. They work well, the sound is nice and the cabin top is thick enough the screw the mounting brackets into. There are some very nice box type speakers out there. There is also a wire chase already there to run the wires from the port to the starboard side. You could mount them on the front bulkhead with some type of speaker box behind them to seal them off from the workings of the locker and I think they would be fine. I overnight on mine with my son from time, and when in the bunk I've thought it would be nice to have speakers on that bulkhead so you could hear them better without turning it up as much. When riding or not in the bunk I think the opisite would be true and having them on the cabin top is better. I've thought about adding another pair in the copit area too. If I did, I would mount them in the same place as the factory does which is in the step up area. If you didn't put them there, you could mount some box speakers under the overhand above the rear windows. Those are the only places in the copit I can see mounting speakers. I think those 4 areas and the combo of box and flush mount are pretty much it. Good luck with your project.

I mounted box speakers to the inside of the Pilot house on the roof
And also under the fee-board gunnel pointing down it delivers great sound like a big speaker cabinet
Been very protected and have been happy with them since 2003

Attachments

• Speakers1.JPG
    Speakers1.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Speakers2.JPG
    Speakers2.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 187
Stick with box speakers. If you (or next owner) wants to move them you have only a couple of fastener holes instead of a 6-inch hole in a bulkhead. I mounted mine in the aft corners of the house and under the gunnel just outside the house. They were very protected and sounded good there.

I thought about a subwoofer but never installed one. I had planned to put it in the void fwd / below the helm. that cabinet would give it some real resonance, and it's close to the stereo if you mounted it in that same cabinet. One thing to check- see if it disturbs the compass reading before actually installing it!!

Back