Stereo Speaker Placement in Pilot House

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrGeeze

Reaction score
After seeing CroixBoy's excellent job on a stereo in his boat I'm realizing how tune-deprived I am offshore. I'm considering the same head unit but am wondering where to put the speakers on my 25' Sou'Wester pilot house.

I'm thinking 6" 2-ways flush mounts pointing aft in the pilothouse bulkhead. Up pretty high (under the lip) but placed that they won't get in the way of those riding in the house. That should provide music both inside & outside the house. I'm mostly concerned about outside the house. Another alternative is to mount enclosures hanging from the aft lip of the pilot house top. I don't like this as much.

Will marine speakers hold up to getting hosed off/washed at the end of the day?

Any other options or ideas from those wiser than myself. I'd sure appreciate some input before I pull out my wallet and my sawzall.

Thanks

Well what i did was got my hands on and old pilot house door cut it to 2 pieces about 12x12centered the speaker in the center of it marked it and then cut the holes in them both!!Then in the 4 corners of the pieces cut i pre-drilled holes,then made sure it was level as i placed it on pilot house wall and drilled threw pilot house,then used stainless screws and and attached it very very clean looking.1 is behind bench seat mounted to pilot house other is on other side of pilot house in the same spot so looks clean and even.Then the 2 outside ones are mounted rite by the little steps outside the pilot house they all sound awesome,there is no problem with them getting wet at all cause they are made to so its great!! I also had a 200- watt amp hooked up to them for that little bit a awesome sound while crusing!! I have pictures posted here in projects if you search or if i can be of any help feel free to ask!!!

Keith FDNY":2edcorji said:
Well what i did was got my hands on and old pilot house door cut it to 2 pieces about 12x12centered the speaker in the center of it marked it and then cut the holes in them both!!Then in the 4 corners of the pieces cut i pre-drilled holes,then made sure it was level as i placed it on pilot house wall and drilled threw pilot house,then used stainless screws and and attached it very very clean looking.1 is behind bench seat mounted to pilot house other is on other side of pilot house in the same spot so looks clean and even.Then the 2 outside ones are mounted rite by the little steps outside the pilot house they all sound awesome,there is no problem with them getting wet at all cause they are made to so its great!! I also had a 200- watt amp hooked up to them for that little bit a awesome sound while crusing!! I have pictures posted here in projects if you search or if i can be of any help feel free to ask!!!

Pictures??

Keith FDNY":1nxgqkgq said:

Pictures??

Pictures

Attachments

• Pictures 009 (Medium).jpg
    Pictures 009 (Medium).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Cabin Speakers Poly Planer M800 (Medium).jpg
    Cabin Speakers Poly Planer M800 (Medium).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 150
  • JBL Stero Brain.jpg
    JBL Stero Brain.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 149
EDGEWATER":3di8wsvx said:
That's what I'm talking about . . .

What kind of speakers? Do you like them?

The under gunwale speakers which I did NOT attach a photo of are the

Poly Planar Ma9020 Gunwale Mount Speaker,

The ones in the cabin are the Poly Planer M800's.

I like them a lot. The cabin area is small enough where even moderately priced speakers sound good.

The best decision was to mount speakers under the gunwales. Unfortunately, you don't have a lot of choices there but the PP9020's sound fine for my old ears.

Back