Stern/Transom plug

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeLawterJ

Reaction score
I have misplaced the infamous plug for the stern on my 2003 18 CC. Any recommendations where I can find one before I make an a$$ of myself at the launch ramp. When I say where I mean what type does it take tapered or parallel walled?

JD

Typically a 1/2" national pipe thread. The Wally-Worlds near me with a small boat dept sell 2 on a card.

in order to avoid loosing it again,West marine sells one that has a stainless steel wire attached to it,this wire at the other end has an eyelet which you can place a small screw so that you can screw it to bilge area,this will prevent you from loosing it,I put a long stainless screw on the end and stuck it thru the hole acting like T shaped so that I did not have to make hole in bilge area,works great and never ever have to worry about mispalcing plug,its always there.

Robert

If you go into a marine supply store looking for one, the correct term is "Garboard Drain Plug".
They have an NPT tapered thread and are usually made of a bronze or brass material.

Garboard%20Drain%20-%20Plug.jpg

I just use a solid rough brass plug with tephlon tape, and it works perfect every time, oh 1/2 inch plug, you can buy at any hardware store !

I drilled a hole in the corner of mine and ran some monel lockwire through it. I keep a 9/16" wrench, ignition key, fuel plug key & drain plug on a carabiner. The carabiner goes on the handle to my fishin' bucket. A pre-trip list makes sure all is onboard prior to disembarkation.

Latest posts

Back