Stryker T-tops

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboo

Reaction score
I suspect I am going to get blasted for asking this one, but has anyone got first hand experience with these pre-fab T-tops? Custom made tops are getting very expensive and not many folks doing it now. I will have to tow my boat 2 hrs to get one installed and then a return trip. It will be on my 21 SE so I have some concern about the weight of a custom made. Thx

Plenty of folks doing it here, but only one I will use in my area.

You get what you pay for....It's made of China alum. It glows RED and weird when a TIG torch is put to it...Had to have a plate welded on one for VHF antenna.

The welders do not like them. They are bare bones...

Thanks. If nothing else, a little competition with custom made tops may help keep costs down.

The only thing a stryker has that a "Good" custom has, is shade. After that It's style, fit, finish and functionality that make the custom a better value.

I think I pulled my old Grady 4 hours to get a custom T-Top built and installed....then 4 hours to get it home. 4 hours back for a leaning post...and 4 hours home.

Find a good fabricator and go custom. Drive if you have to. It's well worth it.

ontrailer.jpg

I went with Atlantic Towers. I had a Stryker top on a Sea Hunt... The Atlantic Tower top that i have on my 21 SE looks and feels much more sound (Just my 2 cents). Another positive, they are made US and the folks you will deal with are great!

Attachments

• 20140518_142625.jpeg
    20140518_142625.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 20140517_145108.jpeg
    20140517_145108.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 283
Thanks guys. I am going to bite the bullet and go custom. After posing this question I found a thorough chat on the Hull Truth. I still say the custom benders should pay attention to costs. The gap is pretty wide between pre-fab and custom.

I also looked at the Stryker tops before going custom and am so glad I did. I am in Northern Virginia and made a cardboard template of my console and sent it to the fabricator. Few weeks later had it delivered and installed - usually have to go to nearby boatyard to have it done but installer was great and worked with me. I used http://www.commercialboattowersusa.com/
no affiliation just a great top at a great price. Michael - the owner - knows his stuff. Got mine customized with LEDS etc. at minimal cost. Good luck

I bought a Fishmaster. I couldn't be happier. It is well made. I can lower it in the winter so it goes in my barn, we get lots of snow and ice in Maine. Their customer service is great, as well. I have no hesitation recommending their products.

Attachments

• photo 1 copy 2.JPG
    photo 1 copy 2.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 218
Back