Stubborn Deck Stains

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theibis

Reaction score
The deck of my 21SE has a load of black spots on it. I have no idea how they got on there, but regular soap doesn't touch it. It looks like the fiberglass absorbed it. It looks like ink or dirty oil and I scrubbed it a few times today without success. Any ideas on a formula that may work? The rough surface of the deck seems to make it harder to clean up. Thanks in advance.

ryanc2":3u2fy0a4 said:

I second the bleach method. I had stains on my deck and tried all kinds of cleaners with not much luck. I then tried the bleach and poof - clean deck. I poured it on straight, scrubbed it in then rinsed and let sun do the rest.

If the bleach doesn't work, try acetone, but use it judiciously. That's what Parker told me to use to remove the excess sealant around stainless fittings. Worked like a champ.

Hey guys. Thanks for the tip on the bleach. It worked like a charm. Found out that guys are going down to the dock at night and catching squid using spotlights to attract them. The squid ink was the problem. Now I have to try to keep these jackasses off my boat at night.

Squid ink is a killer. Are you docked near an overhead light?
They can squirt ink pretty far so they may not be climbing on your boat but if they are, I agree with Fish Factory on this one. :D

Back