• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Survey Prior to Purchase ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatboy

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on having a marine survey conducted prior to a used purchase? I may be in the market for a used 2320 shortly in the Md, Va. area and without much knowledge I could use some advise from the veteran Parker owners on the forum.

Thanks for your input !

Unless the boat has very low hours and you personally know the boats history a survey is absolutely essential. A few of the most seasoned parker owners might be able to do thier own survey but unless you fall into that group get one!!!!!

Mike B

If you are using any financing, you probably need one. If paying cash or HELOC, then obviously not. I bought my Parker used and the people selling it were not the operator of the boat. So I made the sale contingent on a passing survey and successful sea-trial. A survey can't uncover everything, but its good hearing from a third party that the boat is solid. Even if you decide against a survey, make sure you sea-trial the boat anyway. Running an engine off a hose is one thing, but under load is a different story.

I have a 2320 SL 2006 model for sale on my lot. You can view this boat on Boattrader.com. It is loaded with equipment and has the balance of the Yamaha warranty.
Thanks
Warren Nowlan
Manager

Back