Suspension Seat Updates

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradV

Reaction score
I have the Seaspension. I really feel that if you have the coin to get this or the other one that some people have tried out like Dale hopefully he replies too you do it. I went out today with 4 other divers in a 2-3 foot NE Swell and a 15-20 SE wind which put a nice chop on top. Buoyweather has the seas at 4-5 feet. Anyways I actually had the unit bottom out on 1 wave not to the point where it hurt or anything just could feel it hit. We were running about 23mph at the time. Came off a decent wave and landed right on top of the next. I would say that the unit has more than paid for itself. i dont ever grimmace as im pounding through the ocean and it has made crossings to the Bahamas much more comfortable. I actually moved the bolts under my seat to lock it in place for the setting i sit because I NEVER drive standing up anymore. It has allowed me to go from running 25mph in 2-4 to low 30s. BTW im 225lbs.

Some of you guys with the Seaspension or the newer one with the air one please comment.

funny you should ask... Was out today for what may be a last ride before winter haulout. WX 52 partly cloudy; 5 - 10 NE gusting 20 waves 2 feet, 3-5 at the mouth of the bay; close chop not consistant spacing or period. Wind both against and with the tide.

Varied speed; 19kts - too slow, 32kts reminded why Parker is not an offshore race boat! :lol:
Running at a comfortable speed around 24 -25kmph I was really glad to have the attenuation device in place. I traded seats with my buddy who went with me, and though he liked the ride from the helm, he aquiesed to my back and gave me back the helm. Note to self: get one for the left seat. I have taken several people out and had them try out the helm. All seem to agree that the Halo device installed in my Parker is a great addition. I wish Peter (ppem45) hadn't sold his 2120 special, I would have liked to try out his Seaspension unit.

I got the same feeling Brad has expressed with his Seaspension. I'm sure Dale and Keith may weigh on this topic, I however, am quite pleased with my Halo unit.

The Halo is working out excellent. My back has thanked me several times. Seems to work better as time goes on and the adjustable part is awesome. Getting it dialed in now and very pleased.I like it most on the firm side as it only responds to the big hits and not the smaller stuff. Looks like Halo has a winner.. :wink:

I'd like to try out the Halo to do a comparison. Hard to distinguish between works well and works well unless you've sampled both.

Time will tell if the construction quality survives the elements.

If, in fact, the Halo is as effective for less than half the price, then it's a winner.

I'm like Brad. I rarely stand anymore. I've said it a few times; If it weren't for that Seapension seat, I would have sold the Parker.

I ordered the Halo back during September. I just recieved notice from the company that they are fine tuning a couple of things before they ship it to me. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I ordered the seaspension today. Ever since I had 4 disks removed and a plate installed bumps about kill me I'm sore for a couple days after 140-160 mile round trip. But I like the 2320 very much and have just had to go much slower wich shortens the time for fishing. Has anyone tried adding better foam in addition to the suspension seat either brand? I think our seats are TODD latter backs and while spending the cash on the base I wondered if anyone had tried the cushion as well.
Any thoughts???

John

havent heard of changing out the foam but i would imagine you would want to put in stiffer foam so the bigger jars dont hurt. I promise you once you have that seaspension you will forget about the foam idea.

I'm glad BradV enjoys his Seaspension post as much as he does. I'm sure John will also after receipt of his post shipment this week.
There is merit to answering John's question about seat foam, and I will give you a simple example why it should be considered: you have undoubtedly sat on a wooden kitchen chair without cushion, and after a while, you feel like you need to get up because your butt starts to hurt. This is because your body weight is on a few 'select' places in your posterior where all the pressure collects. Of course all this occurs even in a static kitchen environment.
If you add a foam cushion, your weight which was previously focused on a small portion of your behind, is now spread out over a larger surface. The pressure points are now distributed over a larger area. If you can imagine sitting on a wooden seat in a boat, then you will certainly appreciate better foam.
There is currently alot of technology being developed for Humvees to combat mineblasts from IED's. We use that same technology in some of the off-shore boat seats we sell. We also use progressive foam densities to obtain better shock-mitigation. It is my opinion that the ultimate solution to shock-mitigation is a 'systems' approach, taking the seat into consideration. It is all in how far you are willing to go to best suit your particular needs, as is true with most everything in life.
Peter

I installed mine last week. Parker had 5 threaded bolts and 1 wood screw holding old seat base down. New base lined up ok, I'm going to reinstall better next month with calk n stuff. Took out in 3' waved and about 15mph wind on Friday. It did not hurt when going into head sea where it would have without suspension base. Only stayed out 45 min but so far seat base seems to work well. Someday before the end of the year I want to go out for the full day and a better test. But so far so good.

Calabash

This is the greatest investment I made. It really is like riding on air. You feel nothing when in rough seas...I wish they made one for the passanger side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABRIG005":4xgtdi6q said:
This is the greatest investment I made. It really is like riding on air. You feel nothing when in rough seas...I wish they made one for the passanger side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They don't? :?:

Latest posts

Back