• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

swim platforms 1990 Parker 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MADCAT":2sdzxu6d said:
Would like to purchase swim platforms for my single motor 2520. Would I have to get them from a dealer?
Do you mean the small ones like this, as shown on Greatcir's boat?

file.php

I don't like them and prefer full-width swim platforms. But if interested, I have 2 of those stainless steel "loops" that hold the platform you could put out on the sides, see below in Megabyte's thread.

Here's what I did on my '92:
small013a_132.jpg

And my project files of how I installed it, as we just LOVE projects posts with photos here :D :
www.classicparker.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2081

Now, Capt Kevin's (Megabyte) hull is a late 90s ... ???? ... and the previous owner put a piece of starboard across the top of the existing OB bracket and added 2 side

Here's his project post here, but for some reason the photos don't show anymore ... Kevin?????????

Sorry Dale. Been out of town and couldn't access the photo links from my phone.

The swim platform on my boat was added by the previous owner just after he bought it.
The platform is starboard that was trimmed and routed, and rests on top of the single-engine bracket.
Stainless supports were fabricated for each side.

I don't have any detail photos, but these might help you.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

MADCAT":1xxakmfd said:
So are you telling me that the ones that I see on Parker boats are all home made?

Not at all.

The factory swim platform/engine bracket on the newer boats is a one piece assembly.
For those of us with older boats with the 'skinny' bracket, we've modified to suit. :)

So you can't buy the full width platforms for an OLDER Parker like mine. This Is my first Parker and I want to restore it right. I think DaleH might know the boat I'm buying. It belongs to DanielB. I'm going to be asking alot of questions about the restoration.

MADCAT":2h600baq said:
So you can't buy the full width platforms for an OLDER Parker like mine.

Actually, you can, and I'd love to replace my 'skinny bracket' with a full width one... someday.
Unbolt the old, and bolt on the new. Pretty simple really.

MADCAT":33phr2bh said:
One more question, is there such a thing as a Parker accessory-upgrade catalog?

If Parker specific parts are what you are after, your local Parker dealer (or sometimes factory direct) is your first choice.
http://www.parkerboats.net/

If upgrading or accessorizing your Parker is what you are after, that would be this place.
http://ClassicParker.com/ :)
Check out the many pages in the 'Projects' section...

Back