Swim Step Rub Rail Install /

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 20ft of 2” Taco Metals Boat Rub Rail and 15 ft of Black Rail Insert on EBay. I fastened the rail closest to the transom (every 6 inches) using 10-24 SS bolts with nylon lock nuts. When I got to the corner I used a heat gun to soften the rail in order to make the bend. I had to use both #10 SS tek screws and 10-24 bolts in some parts of the install close to the engine. Lastly I installed the black rail insert. Hope this helps.

I hope you have the stainless isolated from the alum? If not in about 2 or 3 yrs you will have a bubbling mess of powdercoating.

Hey thanks for pointing this out. I just did a little more research on this and yes you are correct. I just picked up aluminum 10-24 screws with aluminum washers and will replace stainless steel with aluminum this weekend.

Swapped stainless steel nuts and bolts and replaced with aluminum grade. Purchased at McMaster Carr. Hopefully I’m good now. Warthog 5 thanks for saving me grief down the road. “Good advice is only good if taken”

That looks great!

While you still can, you may want to remove the stainless hardware at the ladder/swim platform interface and apply TefGel there also. I did it under someone's advise (may have been Warthog, but can't remember). Mine has SS studs that screwed into the aluminum of the bracket and that interface was headed south with corrosion. The condition of that interface will give you a glimpse into the future, as far as corrosion issues.

That looks great!

While you still can, you may want to remove the stainless hardware at the ladder/swim platform interface and apply TefGel there also. I did it under someone's advise (may have been Warthog, but can't remember). Mine has SS studs that screwed into the aluminum of the bracket and that interface was headed south with corrosion. The condition of that interface will give you a glimpse into the future, as far as corrosion issues.
Hey thanks for the tip. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.

Back