T-top aluminum protection

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadGar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southern Maryland, Chesapeake/Potomac River
I know this has been talked about before and I looked for it but didn't exactly find what I was looking for. On my CC I put a t-top on a couple summers ago. The boat stays covered when not being used except the top half of the ttop. I noticed just a little pitting on it the last time I washed it and know there is some product I should be keeping on the aluminum. Can someone help me out? Should I use a regular wax?

Anyway, thanks for any help you can throw my way.

I have detailed boats for many years.
And have found Rupp Aluma Guard to be great for all metals.
You can find it at West Marine.

It's a liquid spray which is great and will prevent pitting.

Good luck

Woody Wax.

HOW TO USE WOODY WAX FOR METAL RESTORATION & PROTECTION:

ANODIZED ALUMINUM, ALUMINUM, STAINLESS & CHROME:
WOODY WAX is a “wipe on – wipe off” product that disintegrates oxidation, corrosion and water spots. Simply spray WOODY WAX on a clean cotton glove or cloth and apply to metal. For metal that is in good condition, allow WOODY WAX to remain on for approximately 30 minutes, then simply wipe with a clean cloth or disposable blue shop towel. You will be amazed by the depth and the shine that has returned to your bright work, leaving a layer of corrosion blocking wax that is not oily or sticky and lasts for about 2 months.

ANODIZED AMUMINUM AND METALS WITH ROUGH BLISTERS AND PITS:
For metals that have heavy pitting or corrosion, it may be necessary to leave WOODY WAX on overnight (it will not hurt the metals to leave on for long periods of time- it will only attack the corrosion and oxidation the longer it sits). Use a piece of fine bronze wool sprayed with WOODY WAX to rub corrosion spots. Corrosion will come right off the pitted area without hurting the metals. Two or Three applications may be necessary over a month or so to fully restore pitted metals.

OUTRIGGERS, T TOPS, TOWERS, RAILINGS, ETC.
Use WOODY WAX to treat and protect ! ***on Outriggers it is best to leave WOODY WAX on the riggers for a week before wiping it off and applying the Metal Sealant. The longer WOODY WAX has to penetrate the better the metal will look when sealed.

I use Fluid Film, and never have a problem............

Thank you guys.

After Makomans and Warts first 2 responses I went ahead and ordered Aluma Guard and Woody Wax (not sure why I didn't think of Fluid Film as I used it in the past on a boat horn and windlass but it totally slipped my mind). I ordered both so that I could actually do a test as to which one actually performed better. Obviously I won't know for a while but what the heck, maybe I can then recommend my findings to someone in the future.

My plan is to use one product on the right side and one on the left of my T-Top. I also will be trying to get the 2320 rocket launchers back to somewhat looking good. They are OK but 19years of neglect didn't do them any favors.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and will post at a later date my findings :lol:

I used shark hide on my brand new T-top and its been almost four years and it looks brand new. I also did my new aluminum trailer. Great product.

Back