Taco Outrigger Parts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
My Parker has Taco Outriggers and I need some parts. Does anyone know a web site that I can purchase parts-a parts breakdown would also be handy.
Appreciate your help.

Not that this is any help but Taco was in Miami and they have moved most of their operations up to Kentucky or Tennessee or something. If you call and speak with the lady who answers the phone tell them you need to speak with an engineer they can get you a diagram and drawing and possibly tell you the part numbers that youll need. Be patient though. I had a special order with them for parts that are on their website and it took 3 weeks and was told several times that they were shipped then not shipped then no longer in production. Good luck

Dennis: One of the telescoping poles got bent as I was backing out of my slip :twisted: Also, I don't know if there is a problem but several times I have been trolling and the mechanism that keeps the pole locked straight out from the boat,i.e. the horizontal plane movement, will release and swing back one notch towards the stern. This may be normal due to the amount of pressure on the pole. I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced the outrigger pole releasing from straight out from the side of the boat swinging back to the stern. The locking mechanism at the base of the pole releases.

Do you have the sport slam? If you do I have sent them back several times. The older ones had 12 positions and the newer ones have 6 or vice versa. Either way they changed it. I have sent mine back 3 or 4 times with no questions asked. Not that I dislike taco but the sport slams just havent been that well made. The tack weld that holds the plunger puller on broke off on my old ones. But i get it most of the time those things are sitting up there in the sun, water, salt and dont get much attention and are expected to hold 15' poles or bigger running 30mph in 3 foot seas and take up the smallest amount of space possible....engineers cant they do anything right.

BradV: I do have the Sport Slam. The only problem that I have had is as explained above. I may disassemble it this winter and check it out. I don't know if the new units would solve the problem.

Bill

Dont waste your time taking it apart just call them and tell them. They recognize the issues with those units and will send you two new ones as long as you send the old ones back. Doesnt matter how old they are.

Dennis: Thank you for your PM. I have contacted Taco as BradV suggested and their reply came from Marketing and they told me to contact repair/warranty and gave me the telephone number. However, I got the message too late and they are on Christmas vacation. I'll contact them after the Holidays.
Thanks to all for your help.
Bill of SommerTime

Back