tele flex xtreme cables

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miky2884

Reaction score
I bought a set of these cables because my other cables where shot. Anyone have any experience with these? I have read a lot of great things im gonna run them tonight and hopefully have them hooked up this weekend.

miky2884":3usdz0w2 said:
I bought a set of these cables because my other cables where shot. Anyone have any experience with these?
Well hopefully you read the glowing results I've had with them here, on my dual station setup, with 'old' technology manually controlled motor. In a word - they're AWESOME! They are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo smooth that I had to add braking to the felt effort, or otherwise you'd slam it to WOT without feeling any effort.

I can't wait until I install my 3rd steering/control station this season and try them out. FWIW, best prices on-line usually are from www.surplusunlimited.com for them, even beating my marine wholesale account price.

Well Dale you are correct we installed them last night and boy are they smooth!!!!! Big difference from the morse cables that where there before. Through a friend I ended up paying 53$ for each set, from what i have experienced so far it was money well spent.

We put them on our DF200 Suzuki, even with 8+ bends in them, they are ultra-smooth. Defender has amazing prices on them too!

This is very timely for me as my shifter/throttle failed on me Sunday while 30 miles off shore. Trans will engage but no throttle; feels like something "slipped" inside the control. It was getting sticky and I should have changed them out sooner.

Can someone post the part number of the correct tfxtreme cables for a 2320 (Yamaha Ox66 250) Looking at their web site there is a bewildering array of choices and I'm confused as to which are the right ones. I'm out of town so I can't look at them but want to order so I can fix this weekend. Cables there now have no identifying marks, so I can't cross-reference.

Oh, and are both cables the same?

Im hoping it's just the cables and not the control itself...

miky2884":18n29vzh said:
Well Dale you are correct we installed them last night and boy are they smooth!!!!! Big difference from the morse cables that where there before. Through a friend I ended up paying 53$ for each set, from what i have experienced so far it was money well spent.

Any tips on running he cables? Are you able to tape the new ones to the old ones and pull them through? Did you work from helm to stern?

Thx,

Brent

The part number on the teleflex cables is CCX633 (the last 2 numbers would be the length of the cables which mine where 24)
When you pull the old ones out tape a nylon rope onto them so when you pull them through (front to back) you will have the rope to pull the new cables through. Make sure you save the black adapters on the motor end of the cables you will need those they do not come with the new cables. And when you are taking the helm control apart place close attention to how it comes apart, if you do so it will make putting it back together a whole lot easier, i took mine apart in December and didn't install the new cables until the spring and it took a little thinking to connect them back to the control. Any questions let me know hope this helps

A few pictures with the camera phone before and during dissasembly can be a reference for reassembly.

Thanks guys. So if I understand correctly:

1. The length required for a Parker 2320 is 24'
2. The part number, therefore would be CCX63324
3. Both cables are the same?
4. There are no special fittings that are ordered with the cables - they are "generic" and the fittings have to be switched over from the old cables

Do I have all that right?

Thanks!

SBH2OMan":38ktzna5 said:
Thanks guys. So if I understand correctly:

1. The length required for a Parker 2320 is 24'
2. The part number, therefore would be CCX63324
3. Both cables are the same?
4. There are no special fittings that are ordered with the cables - they are "generic" and the fittings have to be switched over from the old cables

Do I have all that right?

Thanks!
Yes all sounds right. Both throttle and shift cable is the same, and yes keep the black parts that thread on the end of the cables (on motor end of cables) you will need those, 24 ft is what i used on my 2320 and it left me a few extra feet to play with. Let me know if you have anymore questions, like said above snap a few pics of the controls before you disconnect the cables it will help you put it back together, but its not to bad. Im assuming you have the Yamaha 704 control.

Also make note of where the 2 nuts are on each cable put a piece of tape to mark where they where that is where you want them to be on the new cables this way you wont have to play around with adjusting the cables.

Hey Guys,

FWIW, the 24' cables I ordered were WAY too short! I pulled the old ones and they were about 29' long and they were TIGHT with few extra bends. I figured by cleaning up the run a bit, I could get away with 28' cables, so that is what I ordered. This is astounding since the dang boat is only 23' long, but having the motor on a bracket adds about 5' of cable to the run. The cable runs from the engine, through the transom just port of center, then runs under the starboard battery, up under the deck and then into the house under the "galley" cabinet (behind where the reefer was originally mounted and under the stove). From there it runs along the starboard wall until it ducks through a crack into the electrical cabinet and up to the control. BTW, the control has to be completely removed to replace the cables, but the cables have to be pulled from the rear in order to give the control enough slack to pull up away from the bulkhead that its mounted on.

I'm assuming that those of you who said 24' would fit don't have your motors on brackets? (Shame on me for not asking ahead of time!)

Now what should have been an easy 2-hour job has turned into one where the boat will be sitting in my street disassembled for a week while I wait for parts... :-(

Why is it repairs ALWAYS seem to turn out that way....?

Mike's 2320 does have the motor on the bracket too, and his 24' cables had plenty of slack to spare.

Maybe the difference is because of the extended pilot house?? Although I couldn't imagine why. :?: :?: :?:

What bryan said i got. 2320 with bracket and 24 was more than enough. Must be the extended ph. Sorry about that

Strange that the extended pilothouse would make a 4 foot difference!! But it does route up under the starboard gunwhale rather than a straight shot up the middle under the deck. Maybe that's it

Anyone know off hand the lengths for the cables on a 2320 with a bulkhead mounted station. Our boat currently has a free standing station but I'm changing to the bulkhead style so have no cables to get a length from.

LOL.....You brought up a thread that is 19 1/2 yrs old.... No clue as to the answer you are seeking....

Back