Temp gauge

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilowatts

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what temperature other boats temp gauge reads when at 4500 rpm. I noticed coming in last Saturday that when trolling around the temp gauge stays right in the middle of the range but with higher rpm it reads a little higher at the 3/4 position. I would expect it to climb but not familiar with the yamaha digital gauges. I'm used to seeing the actual temp on the older style gauges.

Hey Kilo, not sure i will help, but i was out trolling last week, have the yamaha gauges and it stayed right in the middle. When I decided to move out after trolling for about three hours, picked up speed to over 4000 RPM's she did not change. 225 Yamaha. Thanks!

It shouldn't climb at all ... it should drop ...

FYI, Yams are VERY sensitive to proper operation of the poppet valves, for if they aren't "pushed" out of the way for higher speed RPMs, then - yes, your temps could climb.

Typical t-stats should open once planing speed is achieved, but a faulty p-valve can inhibit the flow path of cooling water. Somewhere on here our own TomS wrote a post on servicing the stupid Yam poppet valves ... as no other OB Mfg'r has a problem with them, if used at all in the 1st place.

Latest posts

Back