Thanks - TCrann2520 and CP

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350bake

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brief message to say thank you to TimC2520 and CP website. I feel obligated as the information & help provided was huge. I have a Yamaha 225 OX66 and was not able to get the high end RPM's like I read about with others getting the higher speeds. Long story short, did a lot of searching/reading on this site about OX66 maintenance and TC2520 provided some hugely helpful maintenance tips, directions, diagnosis etc. Without going into the detailed troubleshooting and maintenance work, the problem was my 5th cylinder not firing and a clean plug - turns out with examination of the fuel rail and injectors, my 5th fuel injector clip was not fully clamped and the result was no fuel at the 5th cylinder. Phew... On a choppy, windy Sunday last week, was able to get to 5000 at 32 mph and with inspection afterwards, a firing 5th plug. Hope to get better performance after having my prop reconditioned this offseason.
Huge thank you TimC2520 and CP.

If a 5500 'maximum' RPM motor you should be able to turn no less than 5300 ...

I recall telling Tim, via a recent email, that a clean plug can be symptomatic of a non-firing cylinder.

Glad you got it diagnosed! Thanks for the update :) , as that is what makes this site work!

Back