The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonOfAGunnin

Reaction score
I'm looking for as much information as I can find on Parkers. I've spent a couple years looking for a project boat and believe me, I've looked at all brands except for one. You guessed it, Parker.

I'm having some difficulty tracking down older specs, photos, comparisons, and Parker project threads. Is there no where I can find old owners manuals, spec sheets, manufacturing techniques, and such? Are there any other boat manufacturers that built the same way in the early 90's that I could use as a reference before I pull the trigger?

I see a lot of Parkers on the water, but frankly I don't know much about them. I'm having a hard time finding listed information about them. Any help is appreciated!!!

Newbs but the first round right?

I'm a newbie too.

It's all here. Just start searching and reading.

Just looking around and using the search feature has kept me plenty busy.

the thing with parkers is, there's really none of that old documentation around because the boats dont come with anything. thats why you'll hear many refer to this site as The Online Parker Owner's Manual: because there isnt a paper one! i would say the best thing to do might be to contact the factory directly with any specific questions or requests you have. theyre great people, they deal with you on a personal level, and they'll do anything to help. other than that, start trolling the Projects forum and you'll get plenty of great ideas from people who've done just about everything thats been done to a Parker! enjoy :D

pelagic2530":37a9xq2z said:
The Online Parker Owner's Manual...
... start trolling the Projects forum and you'll get plenty of great ideas from people who've done just about everything thats been done to a Parker! enjoy :D

Thanks for the replies fella's!

That's an awful lot of trolling to do before I drop 8K on a boat or rather, if she is still for sale after I've armed myself with the knowledge I need to make an informed purchase of that which is a consumable item to begin with.

I've spent some time in the forum. That's what prompted me to register and start this thread. I guess I'll just go take a look at her. I have always liked the Parker, but I won't drop a dime on it if I don't know what I'm getting myself into i.e. my previous post.

pelagic2530":12lr80li said:
...the boats dont come with anything. thats why you'll hear many refer to this site as The Online Parker Owner's Manual: because there isnt a paper one!

Ok, that scares me. :shock: Maybe the 2120 SC isn't a good "first boat" after all? I've only previously used small skiffs, should I be aiming "lower" to learn more first?

theolog":jrxbc7rw said:
pelagic2530":jrxbc7rw said:
...the boats dont come with anything. thats why you'll hear many refer to this site as The Online Parker Owner's Manual: because there isnt a paper one!

Ok, that scares me. :shock: Maybe the 2120 SC isn't a good "first boat" after all? I've only previously used small skiffs, should I be aiming "lower" to learn more first?

dont let it scare you. an owners manula isnt going to tell you how to run the boat. other than that, parkers are so simply designed that alot of the systems are self-explanatory with even a minimal amount of boating knowledge. combine that with the knowledge among the members here and an extremely responsive factory for more technical issues and you'll find you dont really need a paper manual. :wink:

Alrightie, I'm sold. And I won't feel guilty about posting what I might think are "stupid" questions here. :lol:

Right on. Only dumb question here is one that isn't asked :D You will find a great deal of help on this board

HM5":2bxikx2l said:
Right on. Only dumb question here is one that isn't asked :D You will find a great deal of help on this board

Here's a question. I've read that on a pre '92 and on a pre '90 the decks aren't epoxied on the underside. (told ya I've been browsing!) Short of getting the numbers off the hull from the seller and calling the factory before I drive up to see her, can somebody tell me which it is? I mean '92 or '90?

BTW, I'm talking about a 21 if it matters.

SonOfAGunnin":3iyg7kac said:
HM5":3iyg7kac said:

Here's a question. I've read that on a pre '92 and on a pre '90 the decks aren't epoxied on the underside. (told ya I've been browsing!) Short of getting the numbers off the hull from the seller and calling the factory before I drive up to see her, can somebody tell me which it is? I mean '92 or '90?

BTW, I'm talking about a 21 if it matters.

im not sure if they made a 21 that early? i remember looking at some vintage catalogs (95 era) and there isnt a 21 pilothouse that i remember seeing. someone else can probably tell you more accurately. but im telling you, if you do get the #s and call Parker, they'll be able to tell you pretty much everything about that boat almost immediately. theyre fantastic about stuff like that.

Back