The Other Line with Tinted Windows

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
Keeps her comfy when that Sun is blaring down on her :wink: :wink: :wink:

Attachments

• 021608 001 (Small).jpg
    021608 001 (Small).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,308
How did you tint them? Window film or replacement windows? If so are the windows glass? I like the look but how does it interfere with boating in low light conditions?

Uncle Matt":2h4m3t90 said:
How did you tint them? Window film or replacement windows? If so are the windows glass? I like the look but how does it interfere with boating in low light conditions?

How did you tint them? I used window film. On my boat, all the windows are glass except for those on the PH door and back cabin wall. Those I did not tint as they are already somewhat tinted.

I had two different samples installed. One of them was definately a problem in low light and reflective charactersitics. I wound up using the film that has a 40% UV reflective quality as opposed to the one that was 85% reflective. The 85% was too dark, not easy to see out of in low light and believe it or not, too reflective in bright sun. Reason is, I usually open the captains side window when running. The sun would come in that window, hit the port side interior and act like a mirror. Can't see out!!

The 40% product did not reflect like that. At night, if there are NO lights outside, it will be harder to see out. But again, I usually run with side windows open. Doesn't get that cold here.

The tradeoff for having a cooler and shaded cabin was worth it.

Now all I need is a little fur on the dash, a crown royal cap hanging from the rear view mirror a set of 21" spinners on the trailer and I'll be parker pimpin.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok you just sold me on it,i seen a parker with the tint on windows and it looked awesome now i see yours so i am getting my old skills out and going to do mine as well all around!!! And that is very funny what you said with all the other stuff fur,spinning rims i was LMAO!!!!Over here

Well i would prob. say not to get to dark a nice lite tint will be good even at nite,just dont do limo tint,it is on my to do list dave!!!

I had my windows tinted too. Loved 'em except at night. Was definitely a problem especially when cold. I could only see when the window was open at night.

What do you mean it was problem did you do them to dark that you couldnt see out?

21pilothouse":2jdzujsq said:
how would that tint be at nite?? i know in my car its dark

dave

At night, if there are NO lights outside, it will be harder to see out the sides. I did NOT do the fronts. But again, I usually run with side windows open. Doesn't get that cold here. So I really haven't had an issue with it yet.

I tried the tint on mine and tore it off the very next morning I went out. I used Solar Gaurd 60% and it was not really dark but when it is dark outside it is like a mirror inside. As long as you only boat during the day it is nice but low light s#%$ks! If you could get it in a heavy cling film you could peel off & on that would be sweet! Somebody comes up with this please post.

maxout":oarhe4ve said:
I tried the tint on mine and tore it off the very next morning I went out. I used Solar Gaurd 60%

Yep. Too much reflectivity. Can't use anything that blocks out more than 40%.

It was tinted when I bought it. Yes,,,too dark at night. Loved it otherwise.

The factory glass in my boat has a blue-grey tint to it allready. It's not a dark tint, but it is noticable.
The windows are open in the photo below, but you can clearly see the tint.

Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg

Do the current Diamond Seaglaze windows with the (silver) aluminum finish frames still have this tint, or are the present windows clear glass?

TOL - boat looks awesome on the lift. :wink:

Well on my boat windows are clear no tint from factory except for pilot house door that is factory tinted,and I love how tol boat looks on that lift that will be next house on the water with that style lift and dock!!!

TOL, I was just checking out your Window Tinting and have to say that it looks great. I contracted someone this morning to do mine next Saturday. The other thing is, you sure do have a nice setup there with the lift and all. YaGottitMade

ppem45":1zwr7h1l said:
TOL, I was just checking out your Window Tinting and have to say that it looks great. I contracted someone this morning to do mine next Sarurday. The other thing is, you sure do have a nice setup there with the lift and all. YaGottitMade

Thank you. The tint really, really, helps in the bright Florida sun. Also helps keep the interior from getting baked.

It has minimal reflective qualities and then only at night.

If I open the side windows the overlay of the two tinted windows does have a reflective impact.

I ended up getting the 50 so as it not be too dark. You Floridians get much more sun than we do so I think the choice will be a good one. I will post some pictures next week when it is done.

Back