The Power of a Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara F

Reaction score
I wanted to share this picture with my fellow Parker owners.

We responded to this 65' yacht on Sunday 27 September 2009. The yacht ran out of fuel as it was transiting the C&D Canal and was drifting towards the rocks on the north-side of the canal as we arrived on scene. Fortunately, the yacht was able to deploy it's anchor and it stopped it from drifting onto the rocks.

The picture appears to suggest that we have the yacht in a side-tow, but obviously it was too beg for us to actually tow. The next time someone questions the durability and the strength of a Parker, show them this picture.

Attachments

• Tow 65' Yacht 1.jpg
    Tow 65' Yacht 1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 655
A hip tow in the current of the C&D... maybe not, but a stern tow on a short string?
Bet you could. :wink:

Megabyte, knowing how he Parker's are built I agree but, I hope I never have to find out. I did however take a 45' trawler in tow last year in the Delaware Bay. They lost power in the channel and were drifting into an incoming tug and barge. Accomplished that with my son, nephew and sister on board we were out fishing. Very nice people and I was glad that I was there to help them that day. Tug boat captain was happy as well.

Back