The "step" down

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st.tully

Reaction score
Do all Parker cabin models have the step down into the cabin? I haven't seen a 2820 in person but from the picture on the net it looks as if it might not have the step down.

I'd really like to extend the cabin with a sunshade, but not really keen on the look of having the shade above the cabin hight.

Thanks, george

The step down cabin which results in a reduced profile was a major attraction for me when I was evaluating boats. In my opinion this design is preferable to the full cabin height models from Maycraft, C-Hawk, and Steigercraft. I understand that others disagree. I have come to realize my choice was right on target for me -- The cabin is easy to see over while standing in the cockpit, it has reduced drag and does not act like a sail, and it is easy to reach the rocket launchers.

For others these factors may pale in significance to other (perceived) problems with this design. These problems include having to step down to enter the cabin (with the associated banging of the head), reduced abiltiy to see over the bow when at the helm, and the segregation of the cabin from the open cockpit.

This is just one of the characteristics of the boats that you must weigh when making your decision to purchase. It does not make one or the other of these boats "superior", only different. Find out which style you prefer BEFORE you put down your money on the table.

In a perfect world I could have one of each!

Ranger Tim":1r0pcnfq said:
The step down cabin which results in a reduced profile was a major attraction for me when I was evaluating boats. In my opinion this design is preferable to the full cabin height models from Maycraft, C-Hawk, and Steigercraft.

Tim,, Don't forget the Parker "lowrider" effect (in addition to being totally cool 8) ) allows sneaking under bridges easier than with full-cabin height brands. Spend less time wating in bridge lines and more time enjoying your Parker!

Ranger Tim":1r0pcnfq said:
This is just one of the characteristics of the boats that you must weigh when making your decision to purchase. It does not make one or the other of these boats "superior", only different. Find out which style you prefer BEFORE you put down your money on the table.

'Heard That!

Back