Thinking about a 2120 or 2320 for my 1st

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acorso

Reaction score
1st time boat buyer looking for a solid fun fishing machine that is family friendly. Thinking about a 2120 or 2320 pilot house.

Any feedback on the power (I think both may be under powered) or what pay range I should expect to pay:

2120 - 150 Yamaha 2 stroke
2320 - 200 Yamaha 4 stroke

Both very clean with basic electronics (VHF, Fishfinder, GPS) and trim tabs.

Your feedback is very much appreciated!!!!!

I boat on the South Shore of Long Island. Mostly in the bay for fishing maybe a couple of trips a year on the outside if conditions permit. Day trips with the family back and forth to Fire Island not anticipating any sleep overs.

Brent":3jk182cd said:
both models are fine but the 2320 has a larger cockpit and 2 foot longer ....

Are they sufficiently powered?

2120 150HP Two Stroke
2320 200HP Four Stroke

Brent":rv09182u said:
yes but need to factor the number of crew and overall cargo weight, and the price point.... the cost for the next higher HP motor along with personal preference.

Parker offers 3 motor options and the motors being discussed are still being used on new boats
see
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_lineup/index.jsp

Thank you. Figure majority of the time fishing 3 to 4 large adults with tackle and gear.

What concerned me was that both are powered with the lowest available dealer HP and I was curious on feedback from existing owners if they felt this was sufficient.

I'm looking used so I don't have the upgrade option unless I am considering repowering which would completely blow the budget.

m2cw
for your overall situation, it should be fine and sometime you will push the motor. You can optimize the boat by using different props, adjusting the motor height and trimming the tabs or installing larger ones, and the amount of gas in the tank. We have a 140 gal tank and it is not filled up full for a day trip. We usually have 2 or 3 onboard so it is not a party boat and I dont think Parker underpowers their boats.

If you are buying a new 23' get it with a 250hp, it saves a lot of regrets and $$$$ later. Also less wear and tear on motor. When you are trying to stay on the back of a wave coming in F.I. or Jones inlet you will thank me! :wink:

Yes, get the 250 on the 2320. I fish with 4 guys usually, 150 gallons, and a ton of gear. The 250 really helps get the boat going.

If it were me I would go with the larger 2320; but you cant go wrong with either boat.

If you can afford the price difference, I would go with the 2320. It is still trailerable, more stable in rougher water, and more room for 4 large guys fishing. I almost bought the 2320 and ended up with the 2520XL. I have not regretted "going bigger". Either way you are getting a great boat and welcome to the Parker family!!!!

jrp21122":cmw0j620 said:
If you can afford the price difference, I would go with the 2320. It is still trailerable, more stable in rougher water, and more room for 4 large guys fishing. I almost bought the 2320 and ended up with the 2520XL. I have not regretted "going bigger". Either way you are getting a great boat and welcome to the Parker family!!!!

Thank you for the feed back. I'm looking at a local 2007 2320, 200HP 4 stroke, 200 hrs.

Love the boat but concerned it may be up a little too high and it may be under powered for 4 big guys fishing.

If you regularly fish with 3-4 adults then do not get a 2120. I love my boat but I usually fish alone or with one other person aboard. Plus I would never buy another 2 stroke engine at this point. The 150 four stroke is a great economical engine.
The 200 might be a little under powered on that boat. Try to find a 2320 with a 225 or 250 4 stroke and you will be happy.

Agree with previous post - 4 "large" guys on a 2120 will be very crowded especially if you are trying to do any casting. I have a buddy with a 2120, and he has a bait tank in the center of the cockpit. With two of us fishing it is quite comfortable, but if one of our kids joins us, then I usually head up to the bow (he has the taller west coast rails) for more room.

Back