throtle creep

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinmantoo

Reaction score
I am sure that all the boats that i had ( 7 ) all had yam. motors and controls. I am pretty sure that I had to hold onto stick to maintain speed, that becomes tiring on long cruise, can I tighten to maintain speed, or is that a safety thing? thanks tinman too 23 wa bel air md. always learning

You can tighten it, but we need to know what type Yam control, side mount or binnacle (top mount). Usually on Yams there's a rubber/plastic cover to remove to access the throttle brake screw.

For anyone with Morse controls, there is a friction control on them too.
Use a shorty, chisel-point screwdriver. The hole to access the friction screw is on the side.

I kept a screwdriver on board and would tweek it from time-to-time until I got it where I wanted it.
I'm sure the Yamaha factory controls are similar.

Megabyte":1t6o9ml1 said:
For anyone with Morse controls, there is a friction control on them too.
Use a shorty, chisel-point screwdriver. The hole to access the friction screw is on the side.
that is for a Morse Twin-S series, the chrome--over-brass model without a removable cover.

For the Morse Twin-SR series control, you remove the 2 SS bolts holding the SS cover on and then there is a brake adjustment immediately above the hub of each control arm.

Latest posts

Back