through hull pick up problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawgs

Reaction score
Heres my problem. I drilled the hole I epoxies the fiberglass backer plate. I put the through hull in and tightened it to set the epoxy. Now here's where I get messed up. I was planning on removing the pick up and cutting it to the correct length. (Something I should have done before I set the epoxy) now I cannot remove the pick up but it needs to be cut because it's not set in with 5200 and the threads bottom out in the seacock. My options are this. Leave it in and cut the pick up threads with a cut off wheel and just 5200 the outside of the pickup to seal it (even though it's pretty tight against the bottom of the hull). Or I can scrap the sea cock and just put a regular brass shutoff over the large brass nut? Or I can beat the shit out of it from inside until it releases. All input would be appreciated

I would remove it and start over. You don't want a leaky or half-assed thru-hull job on your boat.

Well I got it out. Fiberglass backer plate is set in the epoxy...no damage coming out. The pick up not so much. I cracked it on the way out. So I ordered a new one...I should be back in business soon. Thanks

You fixed it correctly and you will forget about the time and extra expense shortly. :)

Back